Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Firefox Browser
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
I started using Firefox recently at work (mac at home) because I got sick of IE. At times certain things don't load on pages and say they require a plug-in. When I try to find one none are available. Specific to this site is the tire size calculator. I know there are some here that use Firefox because I have seen it mentioned.

Can anyone help?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rhodes71/914 @ Nov 2 2004, 02:50 PM)
Specific to this site is the tire size calculator.

the tire size calculator requires a Java enabled browser ...

see here for java installation instructions for firefox ...
http://texturizer.net/firefox/faq.html#q2.2

type.gif Andy
campbellcj
I didn't have to do anything special for java to work in Firefox (or Mozilla) - I already had installed the normal JRE and JDK packages from java.sun.com and they were detected automagically.

I really like Firefox a lot. Not that there is that much "wrong" with IE IMHO, at least if you're a Windows user. (In which case you basically have to use IE for certain stuff to work well, or at all.)
Eric_Ciampa
I use (and like) Mozilla's Firefox are my main browser. I have had some problems when using the browser with certain cites but none with 914world.com. although i have not tried to use the tire calculator.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.