Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Lid Color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
STL914
I'm having my 72 repainted the factory Bahia Red this winter and considering having the engine lid frame beneath the expanded metal grill painted the body color instead of the satin black. The red will actually show through the black grill work.

I recall seeing a white 914 done like this but I do not remember where on the web site I saw it. Has anyone done this or have any pictures of a car done this way? I welcome your opinions.

Thanks flag.gif
McMark
I think it looks better black.
tod914
Looks better black
tracks914
Black. agree.gif
SirAndy
yupp, keep it black. also, keep the little side-vents black under the mesh, it looks "wrong" with the red underneath the mesh ...

see bottom of picture ...
redshift
That is why we don't let you vote.

laugh.gif

M
SirAndy
QUOTE(redshift @ Nov 2 2004, 07:24 PM)
That is why we don't let you vote.

confused24.gif because i keep my balls on top of my carbs? confused24.gif
Dman
I just don't get why they are chained together?
redshift
No... smile.gif

M
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dman @ Nov 2 2004, 08:12 PM)

ever lost one of your balls? if not, you won't understand, if yes, then you know the answer to your question ...

rolleyes.gif Andy
sj914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 2 2004, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE(Dman @ Nov 2 2004, 08:12 PM)

ever lost one of your balls? if not, you won't understand, if yes, then you know the answer to your question ...

rolleyes.gif Andy

Kinda looks like bondage, S&M meets monster garage. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

But back to the subject it looks better black behind the grill (not andys balls)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.