Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ants nest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
gonna have my car resprayed when i took of the rocker panel cover i found what look like an ant nest, nestled between my cill and the rocker panel.Click to view attachmentthe amount of California sand was surprising but no rust
Dr Evil
Normal place for sand to collect, and if you live in a wet location it soaks up the water and rusts a hole there.
cal914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 4 2012, 12:00 PM) *

Normal place for sand to collect, and if you live in a wet location it soaks up the water and rusts a hole there.

i live in England it's all ways wet
wingnut86
It's important in wet locations to always apply liberal amounts of "Under-sill Deodorant"

I use SURE CLEAR for Teeners;-)
partwerks
I always spray in there when I'm at the car wash to keep any debris out.
nathansnathan
I found one of those magnetic key holder boxes there on my car - really bad place for it as it kept all the dirt from getting out the bottom of the fender.

You may want to jab that jack post cover with a big screw driver to see if it is solid at the bottom.
Drums66
......As stated, common place for" HISTORY"
bye1.gif
wingnut86

I once knew "someone" in the 70's who stashed "product" there as well beer.gif

Kind of like the character played by William Hurt in The Big Chill. Of course, his was a Tail-Dragger happy11.gif
euro911
I drilled extra holes in the bottom corners of the jack post support plates (on the opposite side of the OEM drain holes). This way, no matter which attitude the car rests at, the water will drain out better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.