Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: carb question - idle air mixture screw
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jerry75914
Hi all! I have a fairly new 2270 with dual Weber 44idfs ( all hail McMark for making my 914 so much more fun!). Recently it started randomly idling like crap, running fine, running like crap...would change from stoplight to stoplight.

I did some searches on clogged jets, and this morning I pulled my mains (fine), idles (mostly fine, only one slightly blocked), and the idle air mixture screws ( two were dirty on the ends, probably where my issue was. I blew carb cleaner into all the holes, and viola, running like a top.

My question is whether all the idle air mixture screws should be turned out the same? I noted their positions before taking them out, and counted how many turns to seat them, then removed. three out of four were just about one full turn out, but one was only a half turn. Sound normal? Should I give the one screw another half turn out to be the same as the others?

Appriciate any thoughts!
Trekkor
The problem was likely the clogged idles.

The screws are for fine tuning the air speed in each cylinder.
Done with the synchronizing tool, linkage disconnected.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.