Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pressure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gunny
When do you measure the fuel pressure? I get 29 lbs when I turn on the key and 32 lbs when it's running.
1976 2.0 DJet
ConeDodger
I think that's spec... You measure running.
Dave_Darling
Measure running; 29-30 is the spec. At 32 PSI, you'll be a little richer than at spec. If that's working for you, then good enough.

--DD
walterolin
Difference is probably a function of the alternator running. Ignition on, but no alternator, you are drawing on the battery, and any load will drop the voltage a little. With the engine running you are probably getting a robust 13.5 volts into the system.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(walterolin @ Nov 5 2012, 09:08 PM) *

Difference is probably a function of the alternator running. Ignition on, but no alternator, you are drawing on the battery, and any load will drop the voltage a little. With the engine running you are probably getting a robust 13.5 volts into the system.

blink.gif fuel pressure Walter! Fuel pressure! biggrin.gif
walterolin
I was thinking (?) fuel pump is an electrical device, subject to variations in the voltage, but forgot there is a pressure regulator in the line. On the other hand, if the regulator is a really precision device, it shouldn't matter what the pump is doing. Perhaps the fuel flow in the dynamic state causes the small drop.

Back to sleep.
gunny
I guess I will need to reduce to 30 while running.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.