Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LIMITED EDITION Creamscicle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2415491208

Here is a LE car on ebay...

-Britain
boxstr
The last one,black,yellow sold for $12,000. But according to the seller it had extensive work done to the car.
CCLINLELAND
ChrisReale
Something is amiss. Most of the LE's on Ebay have been from Tenn. and Brad knows something about some shop there to make me suspect foul play
Brad Roberts
Amazing... another TN LE ?? why did they all end up in TN ?? LOL

B
EdwardBlume
The LEs are nice cars and the concept is cool, but those color combinations make me wonder how much lead is in the paint! or what they were smoking!
jonwatts
Looks like he has the original bill of sale that states side stripes and two tone paint. The car might not be verifiable but I wonder if the document could be authenticated.

Not that it matters to me one bit tongue.gif
Brad Roberts
There is a guy in Texas with a print shop that can dupe your window sticker EXACTLY on the same type/style of paper used in 197X. He does the seat belt stickers...you name it. He had them at the MUSR.. and guess who he is freinds with... guess ..guess... yep. TN LE builder.

Unless Bowlsby is standing next to me looking at the same car... I dont beleive any LE that is within a 3 state radius of TN.

B
GWN7
Saw a Bumble bee last Friday while going thru Nashville. Must be lots of them in TN
meursault
I don't think anyone wants a creamsicle, so I doubt this is a counterfeit. The LE everybody wants is the bumblebee. I've had a couple of creamsicles pass through my hands and I let them go cheap. Previous owners had repainted them to make them less unsightly...
ChrisReale
Id take a creamsicle over a Bumblebee. I like them all though
jonwatts
QUOTE(meursault @ May 14 2003, 09:47 PM)
I've had a couple of creamsicles pass through my hands ....

well yeah, that happens if you don't eat them quick enough

Brad, I know the TX guy, he made my window sticker and it says 2 liter twin turbo biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
It has black headlight motors covers and the LE spoiler looks aftermarket to me.

Geoff
Part Pricer
This car is listed on Jeff Bowlsby's site. It is listed as being owned by a Don Ramsay of Knoxville, TN. He is also listed as owning 5 other LEs.
Scott S
QUOTE(jonwatts @ May 14 2003, 09:50 PM)

Brad, I know the TX guy, he made my window sticker and it says 2 liter twin turbo biggrin.gif

Jon -
Could you post his contact info? I thought it would be really funny to have one done on the martini "916-4" for this years concour!

Thanks!
Scott S
914werke
Im with you Chis. I own one and while I didnt care for the color combo originally (it was my 1st teener and I didnt know anything about them I just caught a deal) it kinda grows on ya.
This one also dosnt have the flip up arm-rest? From the picture its got the cheesy plastic tray.
jonwatts
Scott, I hooked up with the guy through Ebay while searching for 914 parts. I'll dig up the contact info but you might want to try there also.

Jon
meursault
well yeah, that happens if you don't eat them quick enough

Haha! I fell into that one.

Actually, for the record, I don't dislike the creamsicle cars. I think the orange trim works well with the bumpers and the wheels. I think i'd just use the orange with another base color, though, like gulf blue. I just don't see these cars as being more valuable than a regular '74. I'm just saying that people tend to go into a frenzy with the bumblebees.

This one also dosnt have the flip up arm-rest? From the picture its got the cheesy plastic tray.

It should have the flip-up compartment. Doesn't mean it's not authentic, though. They might have replaced a torn-up front spoiler with an aftermarket unit too. Proves nothing.
meursault
oops, messed up the quoting. Shows you what I know about html.
jonwatts
QUOTE(meursault @ May 15 2003, 08:12 AM)
I'm just saying that people tend to go into a frenzy with the bumblebees.

Dude, you're like the ultimate straight man. We could form a (bad) comedy team and go on the road.
Targa
[quote=meursault,May 15 2003, 08:12 AM] [/QUOTE]This one also dosnt have the flip up arm-rest? From the picture its got the cheesy plastic tray.

It should have the flip-up compartment. Doesn't mean it's not authentic, though. They might have replaced a torn-up front spoiler with an aftermarket unit too. Proves nothing. [/quote]
Also, it does not appear to have the correct guages. They are the same as my 75' 2.0 without a silver ball on the needles
Lawrence
I can't find the gentleman's contact info... but pictures of his window sticker work can be found here:

MUSR 2001 Pictures page 3

-Rusty
anthony
Also, it does not appear to have the correct guages. They are the same as my 75' 2.0 without a silver ball on the needles

The gauges are correct for a '74. The '73s and very few early '74s had the silver center gauges.
JeffBowlsby
Hi guys...This car is owned by Don Ramsay of Air Cooled Classics in TN. I have swapped multiple emails with him over the last year or so and he is a big 914 LE fan. He told me the other day he has not sold a 914 LE in 10 years.

This current Creamsicle car FS on eBay is his nicest...He has 5 more Bumblebees in resto and rusto...and this one comes with the only known authentic 914 LE window sticker...on the planet. I have one of John Rogers repro window stickers...nice job...even convincing...but it is not real. This WS should be a major point in the sale.

Just because this car has the earlier center arm rest does not mean its not authentic...just an incorrect bolt-on part. It also has the black headlight relay covers as GB mentioned, black lug bolts, aftermarket gearshift knob...oh the heresy! The wear shown in the photos will affect the value more than anything else. This is a fine car. I haven't seen the car personally (obviously) so I cannot comment on its actual authenticity, but it looks like a nice car...I like all the color schemes...The best thing Don could do would be to get a COA for each 914 LE car before selling it.

This car does not seem to be in the same great condition as last weeks Bumblebee, but it is a car that is twice as rare. The Bumblebee also neeeded a windshield, the correct muffler and it had...carbs...it also had a couple minor paint blems...

Remember the other Creamsicle that sold a few months ago...went for $7K+? It had the drilled rear trunk lid for the CB antenna and tan interior. I think the Tan interior adversely affected the value of that particular car in that color scheme...You gotta liek these cars to spend bigger dollars than a standard 914.

These gauges are correct BTW...they were silver center on 914 cars through late 1973 (my 8/73 car a 1974 model has them) and the LEs all had black center gauges. Check the 914 LE website ...all interior photos have the black center gauges.

Someone savvy go check this one out and report back!
Aaron Cox

The gauges are correct for a '74. The '73s and very few early '74s had the silver center gauges.

up to 1974 model year, alll teeners had silver center gauges.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.