Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel injector and brake question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
metalmorphosis
So a little background first, I started my car this weekend (for the first time in 2 years) and it seems like both injectors on the 3/4 side are not working. There is spark and injector pulse and fuel on that side. I'm sure theres fuel there because I've had leaks from loose clamps and fuel has to go through that rail to get over to the 1/2 side. Also just fyi fuel lines are all new and the tank just got boiled out and re-lined. So I assume the injectors are just a little stuck from setting and/or old gas varnish inside.

The question is will soaking them in a can of carb cleaner over night hurt the injector in any way? The yellow top is plastic I guess and I assume there are o-rings inside them.

The other issue to get opinions on is when I bleed the brakes fluid doesn't want to come out of the rear calipers. I assume its the rubber lines have colapsed on the inside and has nothing to do with the valve the fluid goes through on its way to the rear(whatever you call that valve). So what do yall think?
JawjaPorsche
Send your injectors to Witchunter for cleaning. Only $21 per injector and they come back looking like new. One week turn around.

Here is their website with lots of answers for your questions about injectors:

http://www.witchhunter.com/

Also get new injector seals too from Pelican Parts:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...j_pg1.htm#item1

Hope this helps.

Terry

QUOTE(metalmorphosis @ Nov 7 2012, 06:45 PM) *

So a little background first, I started my car this weekend (for the first time in 2 years) and it seems like both injectors on the 3/4 side are not working. There is spark and injector pulse and fuel on that side. I'm sure theres fuel there because I've had leaks from loose clamps and fuel has to go through that rail to get over to the 1/2 side. Also just fyi fuel lines are all new and the tank just got boiled out and re-lined. So I assume the injectors are just a little stuck from setting and/or old gas varnish inside.

The question is will soaking them in a can of carb cleaner over night hurt the injector in any way? The yellow top is plastic I guess and I assume there are o-rings inside them.

The other issue to get opinions on is when I bleed the brakes fluid doesn't want to come out of the rear calipers. I assume its the rubber lines have colapsed on the inside and has nothing to do with the valve the fluid goes through on its way to the rear(whatever you call that valve). So what do yall think?
JawjaPorsche
Double Post, Sorry!

biggrin.gif
metalmorphosis
Thanks for the info. I do have all new seals on them too. One reason I don't want to send them off yet is I only have 3 yellow tops, one was replaced yrs ago before I stopped driving it. And I need to get at least 1 more yellow top maybe 4. Thats gonna be my next step to place a wtb ad in the classified. Maybe I'm crazy but didn't want to send them off until I get 4 yellow tops to send out.
metalmorphosis
So I know this isn't the classifieds but if anyone has 4 desent yellow tops they want to get rid of let me know.
JawjaPorsche
I have two used yellow injectors you can have for free! If you send them to Witchunter they will fix them or not charge you if they are fried.

Just pm me if you are interested.

Terry
metalmorphosis
That sounds awesome. I'm out of time for tonight I'll pm you tomorrow.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(metalmorphosis @ Nov 7 2012, 03:45 PM) *

Generally, collapsed rubber lines won't block the pressure when the pedal is applied pretty hard. The common problem in that case is the fluid, not under pressure, won't return, keeping the caliper(s) engaged. While replacing is a good idea at this age, I think the problem lies elsewhere.

The Cap'n
metalmorphosis
Cap'n I did have the metal line off from the proportioning valve to rubber line and I was wondering if air in the lines may have something to do with it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.