Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Up high or
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
I think they look better down a bit lower. Anyone?
damesandhotrods
I like the lower mount, it looks more road racing. The high mounting looks too rally. If they’re fog lamps then I’d definitely say low, but if they’re driving lights the high might be better the better way to go.
JawjaPorsche
Definitely Down!
bulitt
High to plow snow...
MDG
Low.
Bruce Hinds
Down, but I love the Rag Top!
Black22
Low
Griffinroydonald
I vote low is the way to go. driving.gif
mepstein
On the roof?
oldschool
Low
Krieger
Low!
Cap'n Krusty
For looks, if that's the sort of thing you like, low is probably better. To actually SEE with them, the higher the better. In the end, are you a poseur or a seer?

The Cap'n
VaccaRabite
Mine are low.
And I do use them to see at night just fine.
balljoint
Low.

Nice job on pointing them forward this time Elliot! I guess you only had to learn that lesson once. thumb3d.gif
ConeDodger
I thought you weren't allowed to drive at night old man??? blink.gif
mittelmotor
Low. Better aero than high configuration, and with roughly 70,000 times the candlepower of the stock D-cell flashlight beams, you should have plenty of light!
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 9 2012, 07:43 AM) *

For looks, if that's the sort of thing you like, low is probably better. To actually SEE with them, the higher the better. In the end, are you a poseur or a seer?

The Cap'n

Yes. I have great posture. Thank you. Although I am a bit near sighted.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 9 2012, 08:45 AM) *

I thought you weren't allowed to drive at night old man??? blink.gif

I can but I am required to wear night vision goggles. shades.gif laugh.gif
pcar916
There might be slightly less rock damage up high... or don't make a decision and do both! beerchug.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Nov 9 2012, 07:52 AM) *

Mine are low.
And I do use them to see at night just fine.

You'd make better use of them up high, and consequently see even better. Science is on my side, trendiness on yours. Same thing applies to those jerkoffs that drive around in perfectly clear nights, blinding oncoming traffic with their over-amped fog lights lit. Such use actually REDUCES your ability to see at a distance. Many of us prefer to see what's ahead in time to avoid it, not wait until it's too close to miss.

The Cap'n
scott_in_nh
They are ugly and your car is beautiful - leave them off and convert the headlights to HID if you can't see...
Tilly74
I like em down low, makes me want some on mine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.