Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
H2 Racing
Anyone out there...?
If you ordered Fuchs wheels (914/6), where they always 14" or could you also order 15"
I guess that Mahle 15" also was an option.
I personally prefer 15" deep Fuchs , but my question is if it's ok on a original car.

Greatful for all help

Thanks
Christian
brant
I could be wrong, but I believe the steel wheels were standard, the 14 inch fuchs were optional and the 15inch fuchs were dealer installed?

but that might have been a US dealer thing too...

there are a lot of 15inch fuch 6ers', and I believe the SCCA recognized both 14's and 15's at the time.

however I believe the deeps were out of production around that time... Does anyone have build date knowledge on deeps versus flats?

brant
Eric_Shea
I believe we've determined over the years that there is no COA reference to 15" wheels so, it's safe to say the comfort group 14" was what was provided when you ticked off the Fuchs box. As Brant points out, a dealer could install whatever they wanted so some may have bee sold that way but, I doubt they came across the pond that way.

My six came stock with the 14's and the dealer installed steel wheels in the buyers negotiating process. He wasn't going to pay a penny over _______ and the dealer said "not with the alloy wheels" and he replied "I don't give a _______ what wheels are on it. That was that.

I doubt 15's would hurt the originality but, that said, if it were a flat out show car going for concours d'elegance points... I'd have 14's on it.
Mike Bellis
This guy has been trying to sell this set for a while... 14"=$650

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3390616927.html
H2 Racing
Ok, thank you all three so far... smile.gif
Any more info ?
//C
H2 Racing
QUOTE(brant @ Nov 10 2012, 05:45 AM) *

I could be wrong, but I believe the steel wheels were standard, the 14 inch fuchs were optional and the 15inch fuchs were dealer installed?

but that might have been a US dealer thing too...

there are a lot of 15inch fuch 6ers', and I believe the SCCA recognized both 14's and 15's at the time.

however I believe the deeps were out of production around that time... Does anyone have build date knowledge on deeps versus flats?

brant

I believe that 1971 (911) was the last year for deeps. Some very late 71 had flat Fuchs
//C
Michael N
Although the 14's were a stock factory option I prefer 15's . Over the years I have had all 3 Fuchs on my car and 15's fit just right and still keep the car looking vintage /original.

14's:

Click to view attachment

15's:

Click to view attachment

16's:

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
The factory parts catalog does show both 14" and 15" Fuchs alloys for the 914-6. That said, I don't think I would consider that definitive proof that there were Sixes that came with 15" Fuchs.

The Mahle gas-burners that were also an option were indeed 15".

--DD
914Sixer
I was of the understanding that the 70 six came with the "14" Fuchs. In 71 when the Mahle gas burner was an option, the "15" Fuchs became available at the same time. I remember the "15" wheels were also listed in the special parts book for racing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.