Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Belt Reel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
somd914
Like a lot of old seat belt reels, mine don't retract well without some assistance in feeding, but I've been living with it. Now the driver-side inertia lock kicks in frequently while pulling the belt out which is becoming a major PITA at times.

Anyone have any ideas on a remedy?
McMark
I know 944 belts will work, but some are just as old and worn out. I'm pretty sure Boxster belts will work as well, but I haven't ordered a set yet to confirm. You will need to swap the receivers as well, though.

See the build of my black car for details. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=88134
underthetire
I took mine apart and cleaned/lubed them. Big giant metal snake in there, so watch out.
Dave_Darling
Big giant metal snake under lots of tension with a very sharp edge pointing outwards. Loves to jump out at you and cause long-lasting scars.

You have been warned.

--DD
Griffinroydonald
I got hit in the face with a 944 snake and it did leave a scar. I also have an extra set of seat belts for sale if you can use them. They are fron a '75. Please see my add for pictures. I also have several sets of 944 belts. bye1.gif
GeorgeRud
Has anyone tried fitting the new, retractable belts from Retrobeltusa.com or seatbelts plus.com? They look like they may fit and should work well, but I don't know if the retractor mechanism will fit.
somd914
Thanks for all the responses and the warnings - figured digging into the reel would be a mistake, but it's good to know that for fact. But a scar or two could add some character to my ugly mug...

Think it is time to look into another set of belts be it 914 or 944 as it is becoming a fight to get the driver's belt out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.