Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: A Fantastic 1973 Porsche 914 Signal Orange/Black Interior
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Doug Leggins
FS: 1973 914, Signal Orange & Black, 2056 w/ dual Webers, limited slip

This is one fantastic 914!! Many people on this site know this car and many have helped me build her. This car was meticulously rebuilt by me over a 3 year period. EVERYTHING! On this car was brought to a level of excellent condition during the rebuild process. The car now has about 11,500 miles. She is still a fantastic looking car, a pleasure and thrill to drive.

During the build I did a lot of research and learned a lot about 914’s. The members of the 914 clubs and 914 part suppliers provided great information and parts!! The 914 community greatly facilitated making this beautiful car!

Here are some of the details:

-2056 built by Jake Raby
-Mallory distributor set up by Jake
-Dual Weber 40’s
-Limited slip transaxle
-Bursch exhaust & SS heat exchangers
-Koni yellow adjustable shocks front and rear
-Hypercoil coil over springs on the back, 135#
-Tarett Engineering front anti-sway bar and drop links
-Turbo tie rods
-Sway-a-way torsion bars 17mm
-Mueller needle bearings in the a-arms and trailing arms
-Completely rebuilt brake calipers new hard lines, SS flex lines, 19mm master cylinder, parking brake cables, boots, clips, proportioning valve replaced with a “T” fitting
-Rebuilt half shafts from Paragon Products
-Alpine stereo
-Dual horn option (loud!)
-2.0 liter Fuch wheels polished by Al Reed
-Wheel center caps with Porsche crest from GPR
-Very nice chrome lug bolts from Ralph Boothe Design
-Carpet kit from Autos International
-SS fuel lines and engine breather can from Racer Chris
-Pedal board from ENGMAN
-Euro front signal housings from North Bay 914
-Rebuilt pedal cluster by Eric Shea
-LED bulbs for the dash gauges and tail light seals from Qarl
-Pilot fog lights & brackets from boxstr
-Speaker grills and Blaupunct speakers from morph
-Seat belt “PRESS” stickers from PRS914-6
-Engine shelf and battery support & tray from Restoration Design
-Transmission conversion from tail shifter to side shift by Brad Mayeur & Michael
-NOS targa bar interior pad from Pelican
-AL gauge bezels from Mid America
-Steel reproduction rockers from Auto Atlanta
-LOTS! of new stuff from Dave at GPR
-Front and rear bumpers were re-chromed
-Original leather steering wheel with an additional leather wrap that looks and feels great

Some more of the new stuff: exterior mirrors, windshield, windshield wipers, windshield washer nozzles, door handles, ventilation hoses, windshield trim, sail panel chrome, PORSCHE engine lid letters, vinyl floor pieces that are used with the carpet, door sills ...

This car was an original L80E Light Ivory, 1.7 with a tan interior, but I had a L20E Signal Orange with black interior in mind. The car was a color change that was done right! The tub was on a rotisserie and Alan Taylor did a fantastic job of prepping and painting this car! During the prep the engine shelf, battery tray support, battery tray and the rear trunk hinge pivots were replaced. This car was an A/C car. However, the front trunk floor was replaced with a donor panel, all holes were plugged, and that is why the engine shelf was replaced.

I can go on and on about the new parts and the work that has been done on this car…!

The suspension is powder coated in Gunmetal (Black Chrome). The engine tin and many other parts are powder coated in wrinkle black. And there are some regular black powder coated parts also.

There are many re-plated parts. There is a tremendous amount of new parts! Seals, seals, and more new seals!

I have a lot of pictures of the car before and during the re-build that I can provide.

You can tell from the pics that I got kind of a good “Crazy” when it came to putting this car back together! Even the parts that nobody ever sees were reconditioned, plated, powder coated, painted, etc, so that everything was brought to excellent condition. I thoroughly enjoyed the build and the camaraderie that this project provided. AND! She turned out fantastic!!

Over the years she has had a few stone chips that I have touched up. And there is a nickel size dent on the driver’s front fender from when a framed poster fell and hit the car.

I know this car intimately! And can share lots of details!

$15,750 OBO

Doug 812-340-0696

Click to view attachment
Doug Leggins
more pics

Click to view attachment

Doug Leggins
I am struggling with adding pics - always did have issues with adding pics!

Click to view attachment
Doug Leggins

Click to view attachment
Doug Leggins

Click to view attachment
Doug Leggins

Click to view attachment
Doug Leggins

Click to view attachment
Doug Leggins

Click to view attachment
Doug Leggins

Click to view attachment
Doug Leggins

Click to view attachment
Doug Leggins

Click to view attachment
Doug Leggins

Click to view attachment
Doug Leggins

Click to view attachment
Doug Leggins

Click to view attachment
Doug Leggins
And just because I like this pic!

Click to view attachment
Doug Leggins
The car is actually a little dirty in the pics. I did not wash her after the last outing to a car show at work. It was dusty and I just wiped off a few areas. So ... she will clean up even a bit better than the pics show!

I will try to post some more pics later. They will be of some of the before and the in process of the re-build pics.

Gint
Hiya Doug! You selling out completely? How''s it going? You should post some links to your build thread(s).

This is a very nice car folks.
Doug Leggins
Here is a link to a bit of a progress thread.

My Webpage
Doug Leggins
Hey Gint!

Ya, going to sell all of the 914 stuff. I have some good parts to sell too. I hope to get to that sometime soon.

But ... I do still have the 914 addiction. I may try to build a V8 at some point. Thought about converting this one, but I am not ready, and this car is probably not the right one for me to convert.

OmaPossu
This car is absolutely beautiful! I would buy it if could only afford it!
carsten
pm sent
Ferg
One of my favorite cars, so nice.

Doug Leggins
I have had a lot of interest in the car! And, thanks for the positive comments.

I just received a deposit on the car!!
Van914
This is one of the nicest 914's out there!
Doug has done a remarkable job in building this car.
Good luck with the sale
Too cheap!

Van
mettelman
I will buy it for $16,500 if you want to give it a good home flag.gif
RFoulds
Well darn. I was a little slow on this one. Congrats to new owner.
cashiersjm
I am very interested in your car. Please contact me. I left you a phone message.

Jim
FrogMut
Still available ?

FrogMut in Silicon Valley
TJB/914
Hi Doug,

Your 914 is the best buy of the year w00t.gif . Who ever gets this car got the buy of the century pray.gif In my opinion the workmanship and love into this 914 could not be duplicated for $40-50K.

Tom
mettelman
One last offer! Don't let this car leave the country. I will pay you $17,500. This is a serious offer. Please consider it, thanks
914werke
tell s about the needle bearing conversion front & back?
What is your experience compared to stock?
Very nice car.
Cairo94507
That is a beautifully done 914 and very much worth the asking price. That is the way a 914 should be restored. Good luck to the seller and congratulations to the buyer. I hope it remains in the US.
johnpierre
this car is stunning. just from the looks i would say it is worth ever penny you are asking for it. i just bought my first 914, and if i didn't just have twins and a wife, i think i would be buying another one biggrin.gif biggrin.gif jp
billh1963
Looks like there was some money left on the table with this one.....
HalfMoon
Open to trades? I have a freshly built 100" Rev Tech based chopper I'd trade + cash if your interested
The Metal Surgeon
This car is Nice! good job and its worth every penny!
tumamilhem
That looks better than new! Congrats on an excellent restoration and one lucky new owner!
Nine_14
QUOTE(OmaPossu @ Nov 10 2012, 07:39 PM) *

This car is absolutely beautiful!

agree.gif
hot_shoe914
I had the pleasure of seeing this car in person at my first 914 get together. It is truly an amazing car. I'm glad I didn'tknow it was for sale until now because I would have mortgaged the farm to own it.

Hope you build another one Doug. first.gif
tumamilhem
Jealous of the new owner! Is it a member?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.