Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: delete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914ltd
For 914 and 914/6. I have a beautiful original tinted windshield from a 1971 in exceptional condition.
The flaws on this 42 year old glass are almost imperceptible. No cracks, discoloration outside the seal area and no scratches. $350. The last photo was an attempt to show the "bulging" of the windshield, something the replacements didn't have.
The bummer will be the $88.57 UPS wants to box, guaranteeing safe delivery and the oversize box shipping so local pick up would be a plus. Any interest? Thanks, Brad

Update:

Unless I can come up with a better option than UPS and their bubble wrap I won't risk this windshield to shipping.
Dasnowman
QUOTE(914ltd @ Nov 13 2012, 12:12 PM) *

For 914 and 914/6. I have a beautiful original tinted windshield from a 1971 in exceptional condition.
The flaws on this 42 year old glass are almost imperceptible. No cracks, discoloration outside the seal area and no scratches. $350. The last photo was an attempt to show the "bulging" of the windshield, something the replacements didn't have.
The bummer will be the $88.57 UPS wants to box, guaranteeing safe delivery and the oversize box shipping so local pick up would be a plus. Any interest? Thanks, Brad

That windshield is a work of art I wouldn't want to risk shipping it but if you were in Seattle I might pick it up. But with my driving I would smash it on the way home.
porbmw
PM sent
porbmw
Couldn't resist....
Please ship to 98230
Thanks, Brad
914ltd
QUOTE(porbmw @ Nov 16 2012, 07:26 AM) *

Couldn't resist....
Please ship to 98230
Thanks, Brad

Well, The UPS store will only guarantee safe delivery if they box AND ship. They get a huge premium on the shipping too. I had hoped I could ship using my discount but it doesn't work that way so the total box and ship is $289. and that is my cost. Also, I asked how they will pack it and the answer was bubble wrap in a 60X40X8 box. This is one item I would be ill if they damaged and I have my doubts bubble wrap is safe enough. I sure wish you could pick this up. Brad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.