Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beautiful 73 on the Bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
87m491
So, the one owner in CA for $25k or this one for $17k?
Discuss

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-Porsch...t_128406wt_1052
mettelman
Why all the black paint in both trunks and engine compartment? Dozens of photos of exterior/interior but none of underside. Hiding something perhaps? bs.gif
pete000
The Krylon trunks is a real turn off ! barf.gif
mettelman
applied with a spray can, no doubt!
bembry
QUOTE(pete000 @ Nov 13 2012, 08:51 PM) *

The Krylon trunks is a real turn off ! barf.gif

and engine bay!

Hell--my DAPO only managed to get my front trunk.
Chris H.
agree.gif The spray painted trunks are a major buzz kill. Can't see anything wrong with it but as stated before we need to see the underside... an AZ car is generally a good sign, but don't buy it without a PPI...now the Marathon Blue 1 owner car.....that on looked legit... Great history too! Did it sell?
Cairo94507
So 100 (or so) photos of the exterior showing essentially 6 different views, a couple interior, trunk and not a single one showing the underside of the car. That would be a red flag for me - not that it he is trying to hide something, but I would definitely want to see detailed underside photos. Why would someone rattle-can the trunks and engine compartment? Dropped the value about $3K in my opinion.
RFoulds
Simple enough to fix but, wrong stripes. Those are 911 stripes Don't like painted wheels either.
This car could have easily been a showroom correct car with a little more effort.
FastFebut
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Nov 13 2012, 08:40 PM) *

agree.gif The spray painted trunks are a major buzz kill. Can't see anything wrong with it but as stated before we need to see the underside... an AZ car is generally a good sign, but don't buy it without a PPI...now the Marathon Blue 1 owner car.....that on looked legit... Great history too! Did it sell?

it didnt. the bidder was null. up for sale again. Reduced...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...0#ht_836wt_1167
914werke
What does "null" mean? Buyer flaked? or was a scam? Did you offer to the next highest bidder?
sda4property@gmail.com
Hey guys. I am new to the forums.. I have been buying up nice California cars on the economic down turn. I also have been buying up parts local to this site.

Cars:
74 2.0
Signal Orange & Black ( COA from Porsche MATCHING #'s )

74 Can Am Bumble Bee. ( COA from Porsche Matching #'s )

Hit me up if anyone would like to share the dream.

Regards,
Scott D Anderson
President
OG72976

DBA:Global Pacific Insurance Services
S.D.A. Insurance Broker, Inc.
1 World Trade Center 8th Floor
Long Beach CA 90831
P-562-983-8015
F-562-983-8001
D-562-987-1850
sanderson@globalpacificinsurance.com
www.globalpacificinsurance.com[/font]
turk22
QUOTE(87m491 @ Nov 13 2012, 10:09 PM) *

Discuss

I think this one is hiding something with all the trunks and engine bay painted black. No shots of the underside. Most of the vacuum hoses are not present (how does it run so good with those disconnected?) I'd have to see it in person to feel even remotely comfortable to pay that kind of money.

The one owner is re-listed at 20k, and that one is a legit one owner un-molested time capsule. That's the one I'd focus on IMO.

Turk
FastFebut
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Nov 14 2012, 09:58 AM) *

What does "null" mean? Buyer flaked? or was a scam? Did you offer to the next highest bidder?

The bidder flaked. He wouldn't return my messages or anything. Car didnt sell unfortunately.
FastFebut
sorry, dbl post
FastFebut
QUOTE(turk22 @ Nov 14 2012, 10:23 AM) *

QUOTE(87m491 @ Nov 13 2012, 10:09 PM) *

Discuss

I think this one is hiding something with all the trunks and engine bay painted black. No shots of the underside. Most of the vacuum hoses are not present (how does it run so good with those disconnected?) I'd have to see it in person to feel even remotely comfortable to pay that kind of money.

The one owner is re-listed at 20k, and that one is a legit one owner un-molested time capsule. That's the one I'd focus on IMO.

Turk

Thank you Turk.
My family and I decided to reduce our sale price since our expenses for our grandfather's death are starting to add up and we could really use the money for funeral/travel expenses to Arlington. We ultimately want a good home for the 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.