Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: A neat Firefox feature
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I think everyone here knows more about computers than I and you probably already know this, but...in the "customize" feature of Firefox you can change the background from a list of skins. Select "view all" then in the search pane type in "porsche". You will then be presented with a full page of Porsche models to select from. I'm using the 917 beerchug.gif
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 14 2012, 09:04 AM) *

I think everyone here knows more about computers than I and you probably already know this, but...in the "customize" feature of Firefox you can change the background from a list of skins. Select "view all" then in the search pane type in "porsche". You will then be presented with a full page of Porsche models to select from. I'm using the 917 beerchug.gif

where is the customize button? under tools?
Tom_T
agree.gif ...me too, I don't see it? huh.gif

PS: Apparently you're more computer & Firefox savvy than either of us! biggrin.gif
StratPlayer
Customize button is under the view section, toolbar
Tom_T
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Nov 14 2012, 02:41 PM) *

I looked there, but AFAIK it only customizes the ToolBar - nothing to do with backgrounds or style of skins!? confused24.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 14 2012, 01:54 PM) *

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Nov 14 2012, 02:41 PM) *

I looked there, but AFAIK it only customizes the ToolBar - nothing to do with backgrounds or style of skins!? confused24.gif

agree.gif
76-914
Click on the Firefox orange box in the upper left hand corner, select bookmarks, select Mozilla Firefox, select customize, then under the short list of "personas" you select "see all 180,000", then type in "porsche" in the search pane.
rfuerst911sc
I just added Fuchs in motion. Thanks for the tip.
underthetire
Got it.
Mine was

Bookmarks>Mozilla firefox>customize firefox
euro911
I have a Fender Telecaster background biggrin.gif
Black22
I found a 914, by searching for 914! for some reason it doesn't come up in the Porsche search! WTF.gif lol-2.gif

NARP!!!!
76-914
QUOTE(Black22 @ Nov 26 2012, 07:41 PM) *

I found a 914, by searching for 914! for some reason it doesn't come up in the Porsche search! WTF.gif lol-2.gif

NARP!!!!

lol-2.gif Once again. It's worse than being asked to move to the rear of the bus. They don't even let us on the "Porsche" bus. hissyfit.gif Thx for the tip, Mike. And it's the same colour as our car's. Looks as if one can contribute these pic's for "personas" consideration. Good find. Let me see if I can find a merit badge for you somewhere. beerchug.gif
Tom
I don't have firefox, but my background is my 914 complete with jackstands. biggrin.gif I change it out from my pictures album. I use this one sometimes also.
Tom
Black22
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 27 2012, 08:06 AM) *

QUOTE(Black22 @ Nov 26 2012, 07:41 PM) *

NARP!!!!

lol-2.gif Once again. It's worse than being asked to move to the rear of the bus. They don't even let us on the "Porsche" bus. hissyfit.gif Thx for the tip, Mike. And it's the same colour as our car's. Looks as if one can contribute these pic's for "personas" consideration. Good find. Let me see if I can find a merit badge for you somewhere. beerchug.gif

cheer.gif Thank Kent! A REAL merit badge?!?! Woohoo! Can't wait! lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Mark Henry
From firefox just google "firefox personas".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.