Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unusual 5 Lub Porsche Pedrini Wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Found this unusual wheel that I think is offbeat to the usual alloy....anyone using these? Pedrini style but I've never seen these on a car before.

Would these fit a 914 with 5 lug hubs?
carr914
Those look like Campagnolo's
bandjoey
Marked FPS and that's Pedrini. They're 5x130 but unknown backset
DBCooper
But they do look like Campys, don't they? Very nice looking wheel, too bad they aren't wider.
914Sixer
Campy's. Yes, they made wheels that would fit all 911,912,914. I believe the wheels were made up to the mid 90's.
bigkensteele
drooley.gif That's a really good looking wheel, and unique!

I would love to find a set of those and have Harvey widen them to my needs...
bandjoey
Hoping to know what they are called to do a search.

Did Pedrini make wheels for Campi? The manufacture Pedrini F P S is clear in the picture.
Ed_F
Those remind me of the old Cromodora wheels made for Saab back in the early 70s(Sonetts, 96s ect...)

Jeff Hail
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 14 2012, 10:24 PM) *

Did Pedrini make wheels for Campi? The manufacture Pedrini F P S is clear in the picture.

Foundry Pedrini Siena did not make Campagnolos. All those Italian wheel makers are like a brotherhood. They all knew each other and had so much on the buffet tables one could not make all the wheels for every manufacturer that was in demand. Camp was very inovative with magnesium.

But there is a possible link. Campagnolo had a sub-company named Fulcrum. Supposedly it incorporated in the 2000's. Could The F be for Fulcrum Pedrini S.r.I ??? Just might be. Just look at all those 60's and 70's Ducati's that everyone thinks has Campagnolos but they really are FPS wheels. Very similar designs. Who really knows for sure.

Personally I think Campagnolo was pushing the magnesium side of the wheel business and Pedrini had the aluminum end. Campagnolo even did work for NASA. Both make lots of product: wheels, castings, bicycle components. They both even make wine cork screws. Fine cork screws they are.
carr914
Click to view attachment

Socalandy
Those are nice looking wheels for sure. Will we see them on a 914 anytime soon drooley.gif
gopack
i like that car! what is it
dlkawashima
QUOTE(gopack @ Nov 24 2012, 12:57 PM) *

i like that car! what is it

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/magazine/3200.asp?id=16340
Dion
Holy resurrection Batman….. hey I just scoured the internet looking for any leads on these rims. They are damn cool. Wondering if anyone had any luck locating a set. I’d purchase them!
rgalla9146
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 14 2012, 03:20 PM) *

Found this unusual wheel that I think is offbeat to the usual alloy....anyone using these? Pedrini style but I've never seen these on a car before.

Found just one ?
sixnotfour
beer.gif
914Sixer
Picture proves me wrong.
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Nov 15 2012, 12:32 AM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 14 2012, 10:24 PM) *

Foundry Pedrini Siena did not make Campagnolos. All those Italian wheel makers are like a brotherhood. They all knew each other and had so much on the buffet tables one could not make all the wheels for every manufacturer that was in demand. Camp was very inovative with magnesium.

But there is a possible link. Campagnolo had a sub-company named Fulcrum. Supposedly it incorporated in the 2000's. Could The F be for Fulcrum Pedrini S.r.I ??? Just might be. Just look at all those 60's and 70's Ducati's that everyone thinks has Campagnolos but they really are FPS wheels. Very similar designs. Who really knows for sure.

Personally I think Campagnolo was pushing the magnesium side of the wheel business and Pedrini had the aluminum end. Campagnolo even did work for NASA. Both make lots of product: wheels, castings, bicycle components. They both even make wine cork screws. Fine cork screws they are.

Fulcrum is Campagnolo's bicycle wheel brand. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulcrum_Wheels
BENBRO02
It would be so cool to have some unique vintage wheels.
Dion
I wish that was MY garage they were sitting at. hissyfit.gif
Parsiahaghi
QUOTE(Dion @ May 10 2021, 01:08 PM) *

I wish that was MY garage they were sitting at. hissyfit.gif

I own a set biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 24 2012, 08:38 AM) *

The wheel on that one-off Lamborghini got fattened up and used on the
Lambo Miura SV
euro911
A little more common on 914s, and fewer 911s & 912s, are the ATS Classics - my preferred wheel on my 914s (when I had some) ...

My first set (snagged from Joe Sharp)

Click to view attachment

2nd. set

Click to view attachment

3rd. set (sold - no pix)

4th. set (currently for sale in the classifieds) rolleyes.gif

Click to view attachment

... and will be putting a set of 5-luggers on my 912 soon smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
wonkipop
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 14 2012, 01:20 PM) *

very interesting and attractive alloy @bandjoey

--------

i came across this italian spec restored 74 1.8 for sale in rome recently while i was snooping around trying to research euro spec 1.8 twin carb 74 models.

not sure what the wheels are on this one but in a similarish vein to what you posted.
never seen 4 bolt alloy like them.
could be recent issue repros or could be restored period era wheels?
look italian like campagnolos or similar.
not sure if i like them, but interesting attempt at the 4 spoke 4 bolt pattern rather than 5 spoke. the symmetrical 4 spoke type designs are much harder to do i think - a bit like the original star steelies.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.