Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: w.t.b. - trunk hinge bracket & strap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
pt_700
trunk lid got all cattywampus on me last weekend. some investigation revealed the hinge braket that's welded to the side of the engine compartment and the strap connecting it to the top of the rear fender had broken.

here are the pieces i seek;

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

i've found that pretty jwest piece that would replace both but, what can i say, i'm cheap!;

Click to view attachment

feel free to convince me i should bite the bullet and get these for $80.

as i removed the broken side, i got real lucky and didn't have anything in the way of the rapidly releasing torsion rod... i felt a tiny bit of grit hit my lower eyelid as the end slammed popped off the plastic roller & against the rear firewall. are there decent instructions on how to properly release & re install these things in the haynes or clymers books?

i can see a p.o. has already fabricated a replacement for the other side. i'm tempted to remove and make a mirror image duplicate.

any other advice on how to further tackle this project will be greatly appreciated.

914werke
The hinge (top) is actually 3 pieces if you buy it new.
The bracket, the (female) threaded insert that you weld to it, and the nylock shoulder bolt.
RD has the pkg for about 34. or so.
Griffinroydonald
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Nov 15 2012, 06:49 PM) *

The the bracket, the (female) threaded insert that you weld to it, and the nylock shoulder bolt.

Please post pictures as you make the repair. I am looking to do the same repair. I may just spend the money and buy the kit shown. dry.gif
pt_700
QUOTE(Griffinroydonald @ Nov 16 2012, 06:20 AM) *

The the bracket, the (female) threaded insert that you weld to it, and the nylock shoulder bolt.

Please post pictures as you make the repair. I am looking to do the same repair. I may just spend the money and buy the kit shown. dry.gif

sure thing! i'll probably use sheet metal screws if i can't access the backside, nut & bolt if i can (no welder or easy access or skillz!).

might be awhile though... those torsion rods have me all intimidated now!

i'm good on parts now, thanks to a fellow here!
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Nov 16 2012, 10:39 AM) *

QUOTE(Griffinroydonald @ Nov 16 2012, 06:20 AM) *

sure thing! i'll probably use sheet metal screws if i can't access the backside, nut & bolt if i can (no welder or easy access or skillz!).

might be awhile though... those torsion rods have me all intimidated now!

i'm good on parts now, thanks to a fellow here!

Sheet metal screws? slap.gif

Just fix it right once... dry.gif
boxstr
I agree fix it right the first time and you wont have to come back and screw with again. And throw the tension rods away and add trunk shox.
Craig at CAMP
Jeffs9146
If you drive it up to Discovery Bay I can weld it for you!
914work
Here is the kit =
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.