Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 2.0, 27k original miles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jbyron
http://racine.craigslist.org/cto/3388192490.html

No affiliation, don't know anything about the car, but thought it might be of interest to some. Ed perhaps?
rjames
I call BS on the mileage, unless they mean on a rebuilt engine. Who converts a 27k original mile car over to carbs? I would think a 27k original mile car that has always been garaged wouldn't have any fuel injection issues.
rgolia
agree.gif
Evil914
QUOTE(rjames @ Nov 16 2012, 01:22 PM) *

I call BS on the mileage, unless they mean on a rebuilt engine. Who converts a 27k original mile car over to carbs? I would think a 27k original mile car that has always been garaged wouldn't have any fuel injection issues.

I don't think being garaged has any thing to do with it,I work on boats and the boats that sit unused in or out of a garage for years are the ones that have all kinds of issues.Most have nasty,stinky varnish filled gas tanks,carbs etc.And it's a pain in the butt to get all of that rank,stank funk out of the system,it soaks into fuel lines,fuel pumps,anything it touchs turns to crap.So if your average joe starts up a car that's been sitting for years just putting a fuel filter or whatever,it might just turn into a hair pulling session throwing parts at the injection system wondering why it won't run right.And after seeing the price of fuel injection parts for a 914 a person might just go the carb route.Just my opinion...........Carl
Chris H.
Notice that the ad says "carb". A single carb is not a great setup... you would definitely want to change that..... Where the car is located the #1 concern would be rust or rust repairs. Looks like Palma Green metallic is the color. Really nice shade of green. Definitely worth a look for someone on the hunt for an original car (in person or PPI at that price). You never know! Never seen those rims on a 914 before.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.