Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's your mpg?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
96conv
What fuel mileage can I expect from a 914-4 and 914-6 from regular driving and commuting? What about from having fun shifting above 5000 rpm? Regular or supreme unleaded gas?
Joe Bob
Varies....stock 4 bangers can get 30+ on the highway.....carbs on the same engine or modified low 20s.

Sixers....well in my 3.0/6 with CIS, I was happy to get 18 in town, 22 on the highway. Most times it was 16 and 18 due to my heavy foot....
lapuwali
914/6 or early ('70-'72) 1.7, premium. The rest of the fours use regular (lower compression for smog reasons). With stock EFI, assume 25mpg or thereabouts. Some people get closer to 30 on the freeway, but many never see that. No idea on mileage for the /6, but I'd be willing to bet 20mpg is the rough range.

With stock-ish fours, the power peaks by 4500rpm or so, so no reason to rev it past that. Sixes are, of course, higher revving.
redshift
Injected 2.0, lots of interstate, avg 70-80mph around 25mpg.

Here to the store, about 2mpg.

I'd get better mpg, but Otto sold me a defective infection system made from scraps of other totaled pieces of shit, I plan on letting it fall apart, so I can replace it all with something that works.

I plan on taking every chance I get to get some of my $15k back from him in flesh.

What a pice of shit he is.

Sorry for jackin your thread!

M
SLITS
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnnn!
DonTraver
I just did a mileage check on my 914-6. I got a little over 25.5 freeway, at avg speed of 80mph. Around town about 300 miles per tank. Probably do better around town if I kept my foot out of it,( love those on ramps) but what's the point. Love to hear the engine winding up.

On a 914-4 I had in the 80's, I got a little over 31 mpg on a speed run from Alameda to San Diego in 7 1/2 hours down 101. Some where around Pasa Robles my passenger asked my how fast I was going, I said, don't ask. Made it without any tickets too, whoo hoo. beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(96conv @ Nov 4 2004, 08:48 AM)
What fuel mileage can I expect from a 914-4 and 914-6 from regular driving and commuting? What about from having fun shifting above 5000 rpm? Regular or supreme unleaded gas?

1.8L, D-Jet, 914-4 with wide tires (225), spirited driving, premium gas, around 35 mpg ...

2.1L, Dual 40 IDF Webers, 914-4 with wide tires (225), spirited driving, premium gas, not enough data yet, but seems better than expected ...

cool.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(redshift @ Nov 4 2004, 09:20 AM)
a defective infection system

ewh, you better stay away from me, i take it it's contagious?

icon8.gif Andy
Bleyseng
2.1 with Djet about 25 in town, freeway runs around 29mpg @ 70-80.
2.0l with carbs about 20 was the best I got.

Geoff
rhodyguy
adjusted for speedo/tire error, a little over 27 on the run down the avenue of the giants. 2.0, 40 webers.

kevin
Joe Ricard
On or Off the jack stands?
aircooledboy
10.1 on the highway smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif w00t.gif

Sorry, that's for my V8. You said sixes & fours. lol2.gif chairfall.gif
p914
75 2.0 Djet I get 23.5 in town and 29 on the highway.
Root_Werks
914-6 2.2T engine. Long trip around 25mpg average, but mostly freeway driving. In town because it's carb'd it drops to around 15-16mpg.

That sucks about Otto, I always heard he was a nice guy? Never bought anything from him though. huh.gif
Bleyseng
Did that Miles/Otto thread make it to classic status?? that was one funny thread......

Geoff
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Nov 4 2004, 11:05 AM)
Did that Miles/Otto thread make it to classic status?? that was one funny thread......

Geoff

Searching for it, can someone post the link here? Now I am very curious! rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.