Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cool 914 racecar roller for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
stownsen914
In the course of doing some research about another car, I ran across a 914 racecar for sale that I've known for many years. It's a tube frame car, and was run with a twin turbo 911 motor. In it's later years it had a factory 962 engine! I don't have any connection to the seller, but thought I'd mention it here since it's a cool car ... In fact there's a picture of the car in the track car section here on 914world - it's post #17 on the first page. Below are a couple pics from the current owner, Jacque Rivard. http://www.rivardcompetition.com/en/index.php

Scott

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Matt Romanowski
I've seen that car turn some seriously fast laps at the Glen with the 962 motor. I timed it at a 2:05 on an out lap - it probably ran sub 2 minutes!
carr914
I think I have a Video of it running at the Glen
stownsen914
Yes, Nick was very fast indeed in that car. Amazing with 700-800 hp will do for your lap times smile.gif

Carr914 - It would be entertaining to see a video of the car if you have it in some uploadable format ...

Scott
URY914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Lets See if this Link works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSwEcEG8iSA&feature=g-upl
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 20 2012, 08:11 PM) *

Not many 911s are faster than that 914.
Thanks for putting up the video. smile.gif
carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
bulitt
IT maybe cool but it is one ugly looking car...

Now this one on their site- aktion035.gif

IPB Image
J P Stein
The rabbit ears on my roll hoop were finally declared illegal at AX by SCCA. Dunno about road race, but if you wanna buy you'd better find out.
Racing916
Carr914,

Wow a 2:01 lap at Watkins glen is flying. What were you driving, any pics? Sounds like. Turbo 911 gt class car?

Thanks
Steve
carr914
Wasn't me driving, just a Video I found 5 Years ago & Posted it to YT so I could put a Link here.

ONTHEGRIND
Not to Sure about the 914 but I know the 934.5 very well cool car http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_MA12T_0wWM
stownsen914
Thanks carr914 for posting that video. Interesting that the camera car (a 911 I assume) easily passed the 914 turbo, given that the 914 had a factory 962 motor! I recall a fast club racer named Schrom who drove a 911 turbo around that time. Maybe it was him ...

2:01 at WGI is a damn fast time. In that vein, I'm going to tout another 914 driver named Keith Peare, who did a 2:00 flat at WGI in a 914 with a normally asp. 2.8L motor in the early 2000's. I remember almost falling off my chair when I read that he'd managed to do that.

Scott
carr914
My Godfather was Competition Director at Watkins Glen, - I wish I had timed the laps around in his Shelby Mustang - it's why I'm hooked on racing.

Unfortunately one of my personal experiences at the Glen didn't end well

Click to view attachment
stownsen914
Yikes. Formula car of some kind?
Woody
Was. Ouch buddy. That's kinda brutal.
stuttgart46
Looks like an old Skippy car you wadded up T.C.
What year was that?
carr914
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Dec 12 2012, 10:02 PM) *

Yikes. Formula car of some kind?

A Barber Saab Pro Series car

QUOTE(stuttgart46 @ Dec 13 2012, 09:46 AM) *

Looks like an old Skippy car you wadded up T.C.
What year was that?

Before the Shunt driving.gif

Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Dec 12 2012, 04:14 PM) *

Thanks carr914 for posting that video. Interesting that the camera car (a 911 I assume) easily passed the 914 turbo, given that the 914 had a factory 962 motor! I recall a fast club racer named Schrom who drove a 911 turbo around that time. Maybe it was him ...

2:01 at WGI is a damn fast time. In that vein, I'm going to tout another 914 driver named Keith Peare, who did a 2:00 flat at WGI in a 914 with a normally asp. 2.8L motor in the early 2000's. I remember almost falling off my chair when I read that he'd managed to do that.

Scott

I met Mike Schrom at LRP a long time ago when he was just getting into DE.
We worked at a corner station together for a couple hours.
A couple years later he was PCA racing in his 935 conversion and it was just about as fast as Ventura's 914 when he turned the boost way up.
I watched him nearly stuff it into the tire wall at the exit of the (LRP) esses in the rain, trying to race Nick V.

Last time I saw his name come up was on TV about 5 or 6 years ago.
He was driving a 911 Rolex GT car for TRG.
stownsen914
Yes, Mike Schrom is the one I was thinking of. Was really fast on the club racing scene for a couple years, then seemed to move onto pro racing. I heard his name a bunch of times racing for TRG and maybe others. Haven't heard about him in a while.

Scott
nolift914
I ran with nick in the early 90's DE's at Bridgehampton in my 2.0 he would pass me doing 170 down the main strait chasing Art's factory 935. Nick and Art would do high 1:30's which is fast at the bridge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.