Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another OT:Rentals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
A month or so ago, I took my 03 truck in for service at Connell Chevrolet here in Costa Mesa, Not only was I over charged for the service but they didnt do half the stuff they said they did. I took it back not even 2000 miles later for some more warranty work as the belts were making a lot of noise. They kept the truck overnight with no offer for a rental vehicle and then called me the next day and said the squeal was from the belts (No shit) and was a maintenance item and it would cost me $40.00. I told them I would do it myself knowing it was not the belt. Its a serpentine belt and the noise was coming from an idler pulley. The first thing on the RO was to wash the truck. It was marked done. They said there were no other problems found. I picked up my truck and it was filthy dirty with greasy hand prints all over it. They really stand out on a yellow truck. So I take the truck over to Delillo Chevrolet yesterday and drop it off around 10 and go with Joe to do some work at some clients offices. We get done and stop by the dealer around 3 and he tells me they had to replace the water pump, it was leaking on the belt and thereby making the noise. On the way back from D&G a week or so ago the check engine light came on for the trip home but went out the next day, they checked the computer and said that a valve was sticking. He said to come back down that they would put me in a rental because it was going to the heavy line mechanic the next day to replace the heads. Under warranty of course. I will never take my vehicles to Connell Chevrolet again. Here is the rental vehicle they gave me. It even has an MP3 player in it. Has anyone driven one of these yet? It has a 3.5 liter 5 cylinder engine with 225HP. Feels like a 4 cylinder off the line but picks up good after that.
redshift
It looks like a GoBot... with stacked up sets of lights!

M
Mrs. K
biggrin.gif Hey you could be driving a "Fuckus"
like I had to for 4 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

Lisa wub.gif
Meredith
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Nov 4 2004, 09:25 PM)

Lisa wub.gif

Ahem. I've driven one every day. For three years. laugh.gif Mer
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Meredith @ Nov 4 2004, 09:28 PM)
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Nov 4 2004, 09:25 PM)

Lisa  :wub:

Ahem. I've driven one every day. For three years. laugh.gif Mer

rolleyes.gif Sorry Mer,
That is just what Scott nick named my rental when
he saw me in it! I thought it was a funny name.
I usually am the "Mad Mom in a Mini-Van" lol2.gif

Lisa driving-girl.gif
spare time toys
Had my Jetta in to the VW dealer for seat heater issues seems some have burst into flames happy11.gif . The heaters only work on full power and did not regulate it was on or off. Any way first trip in gave me an echo to use. This last time they had it 5 days and gave me a Jetta to use and when it was low on gas they topped off the tank. Its Bordwalk VW here in Dallas they also have a Porsche store.
skline
Well, I am stuck with this rental truck till at least Monday. Seems the error code from the computer indicates a sticky valve so they are replacing the heads on the truck. Its starting to scare me, I bought this truck in January and I have put 19k on it so far. Its only under warranty for 36k. I think maybe I will sell it or trade it in when it gets to 30k I really like this truck other than its been in 3 times for warranty work in the past 3 months.
Meredith
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Nov 5 2004, 06:04 AM)
rolleyes.gif Sorry Mer,
That is just what Scott nick named my rental when
he saw me in it! I thought it was a funny name.
I ususally am the "Mad Mom in a Mini-Van" lol2.gif

Lisa driving-girl.gif

Oh, I'm quite familiar with that name. A friend of mine liked to bring up the topic of my car just so he could call it that. I don't understand why people make fun of it. It's such a great car...except for that noise coming from the engine...and the way the windows screech when it's hot...and its inability to stay clean.

biggrin.gif Mer
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 5 2004, 07:34 AM)
Well, I am stuck with this rental truck till at least Monday. Seems the error code from the computer indicates a sticky valve so they are replacing the heads on the truck. Its starting to scare me, I bought this truck in January and I have put 19k on it so far. Its only under warranty for 36k. I think maybe I will sell it or trade it in when it gets to 30k I really like this truck other than its been in 3 times for warranty work in the past 3 months.

Love my Toyota Tacoma xtra cab 4x4, bought it new in '99. Have only done routine oil changes, spark plugs a couple of times just because. 76,000 miles so far, I expect at least another 150,000 before anything serious happens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.