Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT's anyone...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Ciampa
I can't remember if anyone here owned an original GT. we have our share of original sixes but i dont remember if anyone who frequents 914 has one of these babies. if you do, post some pictures. there is just something wonderful knowing that it is original.
d914
1973-6 real gt last one!! laugh.gif beer.gif
seanery
sometimes between the hours of 12 & 7 am I am biggrin.gif
SirAndy
we have at least 2 m471 owners who frequent the board, i know a 3rd one (who isn't here) ...

never touched a real GT tho ...
wub.gif Andy
sixnotfour
I had some GT parts .Sold em to Glenn Stazak.
The steel Flairs I put on my car had the signitaure on the right front one. Original GT package.
Still have some misc. stuff some where. Jeff
Root_Werks
Welcome aboard Jeff! About friggen time you started posting here. clap56.gif You probably know tons of teeners, but I will have to post a newbie thread on you anyway. happy11.gif
davep
There are a few GT's owned by members, but they tend to be quiet about them.
machina
John Forbes from Blackforest Racing runs an original GT which he bought from Claus Mueller years ago. I have been to his shop a few times. He can talk to you all day. Has tons of 914's.

http://blackforestracing.com/
Eric_Ciampa
So we only have a few hanging around. that, or, they are all pretty quiet around here. That is except d914. I was hoping someone would just give me one... you know for my birthday or a wedding present. haha, thats an idea. maybe i should put 914club's classifieds on our wedding registry. Maybe i will switch it and not tell the wife. humm... I can see it now... All 914 parts and not a single blender or toaster. a man can dream
ppickerell
The bfr website was about the least helpful as anyone I ever visited. blink.gif
mercdev
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Nov 4 2004, 09:37 PM)
The bfr website was about the least helpful as anyone I ever visited. blink.gif

Looks like someone was playing with Flash. ohmy.gif

Although I love it when people try to do websites, I can't stand it when they do the infamous "Under Construction" pages. Don't bother putting a link if it doesn't display anything chair.gif
Van914
Jon Lowe's GT Resource page is full of info on the GT's. I know one is in Columbus Ohio and I have seen it in action a few years ago. Jon was building a GT also. Here is the link.

http://fly.hiwaay.net/~jonlowe/

GT Resource Page

Van914
GWN7
I know where the shell of one is. Dealer built car. Found it on my trip to pick up the red car. Owner has the history, but can't decide weather or not to spend the $$ to put it back together.

It's serial # is not on any of the lists
dflesburg
During the 1970's there were lots of 914s that were raced.

Originally, Porsche made like 400 sets of steel flares for the us market. That's how I got mine back in the 80's. Drove to Stoddard in Cleveland and picked them up.
dflesburg
Also,

That guy who paid $740 for seatbelts needs to meet me and root. But then again he probably doesn't actually work on his own car...
914forme
the GT in Columbus would be owned by Steve Southard - runs a repair shop in Powell Ohio. Runs in the Rolex series right now, back in 79 he ran the GT in GTU

Mid Ohio 1979 GTU result page

But steve is not on the list as far as I know.
914forme
This is it restored Southard'sGT
Stutgart46
I have seen an IMSA GTU car that needs to be restored. It is located in Cape Coral, FL. The owner of the shop had a severe heart attack and died just recently. I am not sure what the wife is going to do with the car.
It is sweet.
The pic that I posted is from the Rennsport Reunion II. It is not the car that I am referring to. I just liked the pic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.