Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Injector issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PBC914
I have a 75 1.8. Last year I replaced a bad injector with a rebuilt injector from GB. This year I've replaced the other 3 with GB rebuilt injectors.
I just got back from some errands, and one of the injectors is bad!

When I purchased the injectors from Metric Auto Parts in St. Paul, they were clear they were for a 1.8.

Is there another potential issue I need to trace?
Can a faulty wiring harness cause this issue (never had issues before)?
Anyone have similar experiences with GB rebuilt injectors?

Thanks for any feedback that can be provided.
SirAndy
Who's GB??? confused24.gif
76-914
anything that's rebuild runs a greater chance of failure. given that, they're usually very reliable. pull it and inspect the spray. does it shut off or keep dripping. might have junk on the pintel. if so I would look very closely at your fuel delivery system to locate the source of debris. most likely crap in the tank not getting filtered or crappy injector. yellow ones are a dime a dozen, used. buy a few and swap 'em. beerchug.gif
PBC914
Here's the link to GB:

http://www.gbreman.com/

If anyone has some extra known working injectors I'm all ears!

Thanks!
timothy_nd28
Double check the resistor pack.
PBC914
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Nov 21 2012, 04:45 PM) *

Double check the resistor pack.

What am I looking for?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 21 2012, 02:28 PM) *

anything that's rebuild runs a greater chance of failure. given that, they're usually very reliable. pull it and inspect the spray. does it shut off or keep dripping. might have junk on the pintel. if so I would look very closely at your fuel delivery system to locate the source of debris. most likely crap in the tank not getting filtered or crappy injector. yellow ones are a dime a dozen, used. buy a few and swap 'em. beerchug.gif

He can buy a thousand yellow injectors, and none of them are likely to work in a 1.8 L-jet car.

The Cap'n
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 21 2012, 06:06 PM) *

He can buy a thousand yellow injectors, and none of them are likely to work in a 1.8 L-jet car.

The Cap'n

Yeppir
PBC914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Nov 21 2012, 05:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 21 2012, 06:06 PM) *

The Cap'n

Yeppir

Is there a recommendation? I guess I'm not following. What injectors should I be using? Sorry if this is 914 101, but I'm not sure what I should replace them with.
Dave_Darling
There are blue or purple ones that are for the 1.8 liter L-jetronic motors. The yellow injectors are for the 1.7 liter D-jetronic motors (some early ones were black), and the green ones are for the 2.0 D-jet motors.

How do you know one injector is bad? Have you visually checked its spray pattern?

--DD
timothy_nd28
Here is a picture of the resistor pack taken from another post. The pins within the connector can corrode over time, and cause intermittent connections. Check both sides of the connector, then check the wires within the resistor pack. They can come loose or be hanging on by a couple wires strands.
Click to view attachment
PBC914
Thanks for the pic of the resistor pack. I cleaned each spade connector (they were greasy and dirty, not corroded yet) and checked the female connectors which were clean. Appreciate the help everyone. I'm hoping this does it!
02loftsmoor
OK smarten me up where is the resistor pack located unsure.gif
timothy_nd28
Too cold to go outside and snap some pics, but here are a couple that should give you an idea where it is.
Click to view attachment
this one isn't very accurate, but you can see it's mounted next to the dual relay
Click to view attachment
The upper yellow arrow is pointing to the dual relay, and the lower is pointing to the resistor pack, which is mounted sideways
SUNAB914
I'm just going to add that I got bad gas in my 928 recently and it took me about two weeks to finally correct the issue. Just as word of warning: if you ever go to a gas station and the refueler is there, keep going to next station. Also, a possibility is that I bought three STP fuel injection cleaner bottles, the first one I opened didn't have the foil on the spout, at least I think it didn't? Be careful, all this caused me my first tow of my 928 home, and a rear end collision in my 914 because my 928 was down. House of cards. Yea, I'm still venting. sorry.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Nov 23 2012, 02:04 PM) *

Too cold to go outside and snap some pics, but here are a couple that should give you an idea where it is.
Click to view attachment

You realize that's from a 912E? More or less the same FI that's in the 1.8 liter 914s, but laid out a little bit differently...

--DD
PBC914
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Nov 23 2012, 05:07 PM) *

I'm just going to add that I got bad gas in my 928 recently and it took me about two weeks to finally correct the issue. Just as word of warning: if you ever go to a gas station and the refueler is there, keep going to next station. Also, a possibility is that I bought three STP fuel injection cleaner bottles, the first one I opened didn't have the foil on the spout, at least I think it didn't? Be careful, all this caused me my first tow of my 928 home, and a rear end collision in my 914 because my 928 was down. House of cards. Yea, I'm still venting. sorry.

Appreciate the heads up-the gas is good, but also a good point. No need to apologize-your web name "SUNAB914" says it all!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.