Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dyno Tuning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ww914
Anyone know of a shop in CA that does dyno tuning on the Central Coast or close to it?
ConeDodger
Sias Tuning in the South Bay area. I think San Jose but you'd have to google it. Vic Sias is a former SCCA FP SoloII champion.
Elliot Cannon
There's an app for that. Download "dynalicious" on your iphone or ipod. I don't know how accurate it is but it's fun to use.
biosurfer1
If you put in ALL of the parameters, then its actually pretty accurate from what I've seen. The problem is most people just use the defaults for their cars and if you're just looking for "close enough" then its...well... close enough:)
Gint
How accurate does a pocket dyno have to be? smile.gif I still need to download that. Been meaning to do it for a long time.
McMark
Dyno tuning. wink.gif
Trekkor
yes, the pocket app will not show air/fuel ratios through the power band.

KT
Gint
My wideband AFR gauge goes in this weekend.
Trekkor
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 22 2012, 11:43 AM) *

My wideband AFR gauge goes in this weekend.

I tuned mine that way.
Found just the right jet combo.

KT
Gint
That's the plan.
ww914
QUOTE(ww914 @ Nov 22 2012, 08:44 AM) *

Anyone know of a shop in CA that does dyno tuning on the Central Coast or close to it?

Very strange responses. I think only one response answered my question. I should have been clearer with what I was looking for. I have already installed an Air Fuel Mixture gauge that works great. The only problem is that when I am trying to read the gauge at WOT (wide open throttle), you can only glance at it as you really need to be watching the road. I finally got it to produce a log that shows both RPM and a/f after fighting a computer problem. Still haven't been able to print the graph, but I can read the info on the computer, and can even replay and watch the gauges as I go through the gears. With the help of my engine builder, McMark, I am presently fine tuning the jetting.

The only reason I want to take it to a shop is to find out what kind of HP it is producing. Why you say? Just 'cause. I don't intend to let anyone fuss with the jets once I get them dialed in, at least not unless I am convinced that they know exactly what they are doing. I think maybe the Conedodger gave me that info.

computers4kids
We have a full chasis dyno in Visalia, CA. I would imagine there is one in Santa Maria.
Gint
QUOTE(ww914 @ Nov 23 2012, 07:29 AM) *
Very strange responses. I think only one response answered my question.

Some of took the opportunity your thread provided to have a chat. We do that around here. Sorry hijacked.gif
ww914
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 23 2012, 09:00 AM) *

QUOTE(ww914 @ Nov 23 2012, 07:29 AM) *
Very strange responses. I think only one response answered my question.

Some of took the opportunity your thread provided to have a chat. We do that around here. Sorry hijacked.gif

No problem Gint. I would be interested in what the app is their talking about anyway.
Gint
It's a dyno app that runs on an iphone. It's actually supposed to be really decent from all of the reviews I've seen. May be available on android devices, but I haven't looked.

http://gizmodo.com/5030749/iphone-apps-we-...rformance-meter
ConeDodger
Here you go...

http://siastuning.com/

Siastuning
298 Pettis Ave
Mountain View, Ca 94041
Andyrew
carbs? efi?

034 motorsports in Hayward has a 4wd chassis dyno and specializes in audi/vw and porsche's... So if its EFI they could tune it.

McMark
Dellortos. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.