Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifter and knob
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
Well I had a problem with the shift knob on my 6 conversion car. Originally it was a 75 2.0 four. Here is a picture of the shifter and Porsche crest knob. The knob is worn and cracked inside and will not stay in place. So, I ordered a OEM type Dansk early knob from Pelican last week (what a deal - only $25). I had to get the crush sleeve from AA as they were the only supplier who had them in stock. When I got the knob and tried to install it I found that it wouldn't fit...too small. So, my search for another crest knob was on... I found one but wanted to make sure it would fit on my shifter. I took a picture of the shifter and downloaded it onto my computer so I could send it to the seller. I zoomed in and found that there was a removable sleeve held on with a hex key set screw. I am 48 and every day I have a harder time seeing things up close...I removed the set screw, took the sleeve off the shifter shaft and was now able to install the early knob and crush sleeve without a problem... So happy to have a functioning and awesome looking knob once again! It sucks getting old...I hope some of you get a chuckle out of this story....

oldschool
I'm the same... chair.gif O..the knob Have one on my red car...
914werke
first.gif
Mark Henry
The old knob is an Amco and is still worth at least $50 over on the bird board, there's a dude who restores them.
Drums66
.....I dig those shades.gif
bye1.gif
sixnotfour
I have a walnut one...yippee
rgalla9146
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 23 2012, 12:59 PM) *

I have a walnut one...yippee

........JB weld is your friend
walterolin
"It sucks getting old..."

It does, but to quote my late uncle Rocky, "You want to keep doing that".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.