Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: drive axle question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Boboli914
Could someone please tell me what size and type of bolt holds the drive axle to my tranny?? It looks like a 8 point or something.Anyone?? Also the size socket that holds the hub side? Thanks in advance.bob
GS9146Driver
Most cars have 12 point 8mm allen type bolts. Though some have been replaced with plain 6 point 8mm allen bolts. My local tool supply had a set of 12 point tools made by Lisle, a common tool manufacturer. I hope this helps.
Good luck, George.
Oh, the large nut centered in the brake disc is a 32 mm.
Boboli914
Thank you George. I have been having a heck of a time trying to remove my tranny.This will really help.I will leave this posted for a few days for possible others in need of these answers.Many,many thanks.Bob drunk.gif
skline
Hey Bob, how is life? Long time no hear from. I got a set of those 12 points tools from the local flaps. Joe just bought the one for the CV joints from PP for like $26.00, I bought the whole set for $5.99. There is no better way to remove them without screwing them up. By the way, do you still have your yellow car? Post some pictures of it, I am sure everyone would like to see it.
SLITS
ANY VW parts house will have the tool!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.