Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side Markers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
martinef1963
Has anyone ever provided / produced a side marker kit that doesn't stand out so far from the body of the car? This would not just be a modification of the lens itself due to clearance with the guts / housing of the side markers.

I was looking at the car today and visualizing and thought that would look real kool on the car. I understand, not for everyone, but.... visualizing, at my house, is free.

Just thinking out loud.

Fern
Bruce Hinds
There is a thread here somewhre about fitting smaller side markers. Not sure where. I agree they are big and ugly.
Gint
Chuck has had this page up forever. I haven't heard form him in years though.

http://members.rennlist.com/chuxter/SideLight.htm
Harpo
Those LED's would be awesome. I purchased some jetta side marker lenses and bulbs for a retro fit but I'm having trouble sourcing the sheet metal that they fit in to.

DAvid
shelby/914
Just take them off and be done with it.

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
I won't remove mine as I want it to still appear stock; however, if a set of those super low-profile side markers were available in LED I would definitely put them on as it would still retain the stock appearance with out sticking out 1".

I like the idea of using them as side markers and turn signals as there are far to many people on the road that don't see these little cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.