Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: roebling Road DE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d914
Hey anyone going??? About 4 914's from the atlanta area and my last hooooorah of the year. pieced togeather the front valance from the last little excursion and put a new windsheild in, couple rocks got it, and away we go. Hopefully this time it more track and less gravel pits!!
hargray2
I've been wanting to check it out. I'm only 25 minutes away. But, I'm going to the
concours d'elegance on Hilton Head this weekend. Maybe some other time.
Series9
Concours over DE ohmy.gif

My first DE was at Roebling (back when I lived in Orlando).

Sorry, can't make it from NM. sad.gif
d914
details, details w00t.gif
hargray2
It's the wife's choice this time. rolleyes.gif

They are supposed to have some vintage porsche race mosheeeens there though. biggrin.gif

Plus, it's a good charity event.

I'll post some pics if I get some good 'uns.
seanery
both of you take plenty of pics!
d914
ok survived the weekend, barely... Pics to come later today or tomorrow.

4 atlanta based 914's three converted sixes, one 4
a green 914 2.5 long stroke with riveted on flares, pretty car
a red 3.8 liter 914 with a 915 tranny, al 100 liter enduro tank and simply gorgeous
a black bumble bee le, a real one very nice shape
and a orange 6, a real one.

My fuel cell over flow was not exactly set up correctly so it was acting as a siphon???? and ended up putting gas on my right side front tire!!! Some very interesting slide angles and lots of throttle steering...Finally figured it out and did a track fix... Re-design in the works.

My son got a few hot laps in a buddy's car, better driver than I...He was thrilled.
brant
What color of green (ravenna?)
kinda sounds like my buddies car that he sold from CO....

I want pictures (when you have a chance)

thanks
brant
d914
it was yellow green and used VW fender welting between the flares and the fenders very nice look.

Also some unlikely playmates:

older stock car very fast
boxster s, in the hands of someone who could drive, pretty quick
and the biggest surprise was a ford Focus zx3, pretty quick and held its own on the straight aways. Finally had to out HP and out brake it to loose it. follwed it for a couple laps and it was fun.
brant
QUOTE(d914 @ Nov 8 2004, 08:49 AM)
jand the biggest surprise was a ford Focus zx3, pretty quick and held its own on the straight aways. Finally had to out HP and out brake it to loose it. follwed it for a couple laps and it was fun.

Last spring I was at a vintage liscensing school.
My teener was running like crap and when I woke up that morning there was 6inches of snow..

decided I wasn't going to take the teener to school that day and took my very stock zx-3 (5sp, no abs) to the school.

Funny thing was... It was quick.
A lot of vintage cars, mgb's nothing too hot were out there.

I think I had experience on most of them which made me look good. In the final open passing-dry (race) sessions, I took 2nd to an older BMW M3 with a full race cage and sticker victoracers.

I think it shocked a few of the vintage guys on race rubber that a focus on street tires was passing them...
ha....

brant
hargray2
There were no 914's at the concours, but here are a few. I am no photographer and my camera ran out of memory. I am going to get a memory card. rolleyes.gif

http://crudgy.onfinite.com/album/135858/
d914
ok no work on the 14"s but I did get the pictures!!

first up, 3.8 liter 914 with a 915 and a wevo kit. I passed him but I do believe he was saving it for another day!!
d914
a real bumble bee and on the track to boot
d914
yellow green with riveted flares using vw fender welting, very nice. 2.5l-6.
d914
a couple of buddies from atlantaa;

black one 2.2l 6

other a -4 from a race car, pretty quick.
d914
green car from the atlanta crowd, 2.7l six
d914
me about to get my lunch ate by an old NASCAR road race car. By the end of the day I got my act togeather and his tires were fading so i finally got to dog him.
Blynes
The Green 914 with rivited fenders is my car.

Did my first race at Roebling this past weekend. Big fun.

The Bumblebee belongs to my friend Ralph Maggioni and his son Craig.

The red car belongs to Gordon King. Beautiful car, came fron New Zeland and is running a 3.8 L engine.

Bill Lynes
Jake Raby
I believe that Red car either spun or scattered something last Feb during the citrus region DE that I atteneded at Roebling.... Something big happened in turn one with him- I know that much!
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Blynes @ Dec 6 2004, 05:35 AM)
The Green 914 with rivited fenders is my car.

Did my first race at Roebling this past weekend. Big fun.

The Bumblebee belongs to my friend Ralph Maggioni and his son Craig.

The red car belongs to Gordon King. Beautiful car, came fron New Zeland and is running a 3.8 L engine.

Bill Lynes

Your car looks great with those rivited flairs, I think I like that more than the smoothly welded on flairs! Any more details on your car.
Looks like people down in GA have some really nice racers!
Blynes
I bought the car two years ago and to make a long story short - I had the wrong person building the car.

Thanks to Ron Zitza of Zotz Racing we now have something to work with that doesen't leave a trail of parts on the track.

The car was set up for HSR with a 2.5L running PMO's.
Dynoed at 270HP.

It has been described as a go cart on steroids.

I ran Hoosier radials this weekend and it stuck anywhere I put it - that is till I drove through some sand in turn 5.

I turned a 120.99 lap time in practice.

I did get in 11 laps but ended with a DNF stuck in the sand.

Bill
ein 6er
hey bill!!

doug here, i spoke to sunday at roebling, you gave me one of your calendars. sounds like you had a good time, bummer about the DNF, hope you didn't do any damage. your car really sounds nice screaming around the track!! i won't get my film back until thurs. or fri., i post some pics then. BTW, really nice meeting you and Tim T. also.

MAN!!! where were all those 914s this weekend?!? blink.gif
Blynes
QUOTE(ein 6er @ Dec 6 2004, 02:24 PM)
hey bill!!

doug here, i spoke to sunday at roebling, you gave me one of your calendars. sounds like you had a good time,  bummer about the DNF, hope you didn't do any damage. your car really sounds nice screaming around the track!! i won't get my film back until thurs. or fri., i post some pics then. BTW, really nice meeting you and Tim T. also.

MAN!!! where were all those 914s this weekend?!? blink.gif

Hi Doug,

The only damage was to my ego. Easily fixed.

I would like to have finished the race but it will still count for my license.

Bill
TimT
Hey Doug, sorry I really didnt get to much of a chance to BS, I was up to my elbows in that 935 rebuild. We did get our car back on track, and were turning low 1:15's in practice and qualifying.... Billy gridded in 13th pos, jumped 4 cars on the green flag, then passed 3 cars to take 6th place., but then I was on the radio to him telling him to pass some more cup cars Nad those pesky GT3RS's, and he spun off.. In all he ended up 10th and 2nd in class..

We drove 15 hours from NY, bent some valvbles in test and tune, got some valves and gaskets from Perfomance Imports in Atlanta, and did a valve job on 3.8 turbo engine on saturday morning.. Came rain wind sleet and bent valves we were going to be in that race..

Savannah/Roebling Road was a great few days of racing.. I cant wait to get back there next year!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.