Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cylinder 2 and 4 not working
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mtndawg
I've got a '74 2.0 with the original fuel injection. It hasn't been started in 5 years until this week. I drained the fuel and put in a gallon of new gas. Here's the details...
New wires
New plugs
All the cylinders have compression
Each plug has spark

2 and 4 are not firing

Maybe those injectors are clogged? Trigger points? Opinions?
Cap'n Krusty
First, look at the grounds under the right side of the intake plenum. Then the trigger points. Get yourself a "noid light" for that purpose.

The Cap'n
mtndawg
Does a noid light allow me to test for signal from the wire that plugs into the injectors?

If my problem was with the trigger points would it be 2 & 4 paired together?
JoeSharp
Yes and yes.
Tom
Uhm, new wires, maybe check to see that you didn't put the new wires in cap wrong.
Should be 1,4,3,2., clockwise rotation. With #1 pointing toward the driver, 4 pointing at passenger, 3 pointing at right rear wheel, and 2 at left rear wheel.
Don't ask how I know this! smile.gif
Tom
mtndawg
My first thought was that I had plugged the wires into the cap wrong, but I have quadruple checked the wires. I' ll look at the grounds and trigger points today.
mtndawg
Alright! Now I'm getting somewhere. The noid tester indicates the injectors are getting a signal. After confirming that works, I took one of the bad injectors out and found the pintle is stuck so I'll try witchhunter's services for the first time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.