Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Ok, winter work is about to begin. I'll have stock front torsion bars, new boge shocks and 19mm Weltmeister front bar.

With stock rear boges, what rear spring will work best for street with occasional fun runs and/or autocross?

100# Weltsmeister? or something else?

Should I spring ( chairfall.gif ) for adjustable rear purches?
Brad Roberts
140's are a good balance with the 19mm bar and stock front torsion bars.. and Boge shocks. It will ride nice.

B
seanery
I like my 125s on adjustable perches, comfy, yet trackable driving.gif
Brad Roberts
If he had ajustable shocks... I assumed he didnt want to spend any money on adjustable perches/springs for Boge shocks (not even sure if you can run threaded collars with Boge)

B
ChrisReale
Im thinking about going back to stock front torsions and dropping my rear spring rate to 125-150. I have a Tarett bar. Which would be better for Autocross?
Brad Roberts
Stick with your current rear springs. The fronts need to be changed out so we actually have some room to adjust your front bar.

I'm open Thurs/Fri of next week. The torsion bars are free. You can install them. We will also cut down your rubber snubbers. We'll do it next door.

B
Rusty
I have adjustable Koni's all round (set full soft), stock torsion bars, and 140s. Car seems very balanced for street driving.

So... 140s would be my vote on springs.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Brad Roberts
I just HATE the Weltmeister progressive springs. The car rolls first... then takes a set ??? HUH ???

Run a Eibach or H&R 125 or 150 spring.

B
GaroldShaffer
have adjustable Koni's all round (set full soft), stock torsion bars, and 140s. Car seems very balanced for street driving.

So... 140s would be my vote on springs.

agree.gif I have the same setup on my car, works nice. I have a stock sway bar up front and I disconnected the rear bar. For Axing I just set the Koni's to full firm, 40psi in the Falkens, and hold on driving.gif biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
Do you know what happens when you set the rears soft and front hard ?

B
seanery
my guess would be that the car would rotate nicely.
Brett W
Not really, it pushes.

Yeah Will go with a linear rate 150 rear spring. WIll go well with my rear trailing arms.
Trekkor
I just want to say, I love the way my car is handling and performing.

Brad, thanks for all the help! clap56.gif

KT
Brad Roberts
See you at Sears Trekkor...

It is great we can AutoX 10 months out of the year with 2-3 events each month. All my "students" have done an awesome job this year.

B
Trekkor
Fronts firm and rears soft works great for me.
At Candlestick which had whoop-dee-do's and washboard surface, Brad set my shocks to soft all around and I was faster and more in control.

KT
Brad Roberts
Here is what happens when you make a Koni change:

The effect: you are slightly increasing the front spring rate when you set them full hard and set the rear full soft.

Case in point: car is slinging the rear end around in tight slow speed corners... set front shocks more firm. This will keep the weight from transferring forward as quickly.

B
Brad Roberts
I went full soft on everyones cars at Candlestick. Too rough not too. Need to keep all four wheels on the ground.

B
kermit
If you'll still be driving it on the street, 140 lb range should be good.

Why Boge? Consider getting some Bilsteins, they're made really well. From what I heard, a little better than Konis, but you don't get the adjustability - assuming that is important.

Depends on how competitive of a person you are, but adjustable spring perches or really nice if you ever want to fine tune or corner balance your chassis.
John
Where can I get a set of the threaded tubes & adjusting collars? I've been looking around on the internet and not finding much.

I am currently using Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks with snap ring grooves. The only adjustments are about 1" apart...
Mueller
QUOTE(JOHNMAN @ Dec 1 2004, 03:13 PM)
Where can I get a set of the threaded tubes & adjusting collars? I've been looking around on the internet and not finding much.

I am currently using Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks with snap ring grooves. The only adjustments are about 1" apart...

call Brad @ HPH....they should have them in stock....you'll need the 2.5" diameter springs...
John
call Brad @ HPH....they should have them in stock....you'll need the 2.5" diameter springs...

Awww MAN.....

You mean I have to actually pick up a phone and talk to someone. DAMNIT.

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean 2.5" Inside diameter or outside Diameter?

All I can remember about them is they are 350#/in and they are red. I'll need to measure one to see what the diameters are.

P.S.

I didn't mean to hijack the thread, and I missed the other one specifically about bilsteins until after I posted my bit.
Mueller
350 pounds?!?!?!?

damn.....makes my teeth hurt just thinking about it wacko.gif

inside diameter of the springs, most common size for "race/sport" applications
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.