Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 porsche 914 good driver dual carbs **SOLD**
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
cass92lx50
selling.1972 porsche 914,SOLD SOLD
JStroud
That seems like a very nice car, unless the rust is bad, your price is really low for a decent looking driver, wish I was closer. GLWTS

Jeff
etcmss
can you provide pictures of rust areas and interior? seems reasonable price
Gary
HalfMoon
Is there anyone near this car (27055 North Carolina) that can check it out for me as I'm very interested and have spoken with the seller.
Thanks in advance,
David
dlee6204
QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Nov 26 2012, 04:38 PM) *

Is there anyone near this car (27055 North Carolina) that can check it out for me as I'm very interested and have spoken with the seller.
Thanks in advance,
David

I'll PM you my number. I looked at this car a couple weeks ago when the PO was trying to sell it.
cass92lx50
int.
Gint
Who upholstered those seats? I like that!

Unless there's a rust hole in the middle of it, that's a screamin deal. It should sell very quickly. GLWTS
cass92lx50
the rust really isn't bad,i drive car basiclly every day and love it,seems some people are hoping for a near perfect 914 for almost 2 grand,so it is still for sale,price is still 2200 firm.thanks alot.also has original owners manual and shop manual.thanks.

CAR IS SOLD!!!!!!!!
HalfMoon
QUOTE(cass92lx50 @ Nov 27 2012, 07:33 AM) *

the rust really isn't bad,i drive car basiclly every day and love it,seems some people are hoping for a near perfect 914 for almost 2 grand,so it is still for sale,price is still 2200 firm.thanks alot.also has original owners manual and shop manual.thanks.

No most of us don't expect a show car at that price. But from what I understand there's been previous rust repair and it was done inccorectly (patches welded over rust) so the repairs will have to be undone and redone. That puts your price point a little over what we'd expect. If it was a 2.0 litre, yes you'd be about right. As it is, 1200-1500 would be more appropriate. I would buy it at that price but 2200 is to high for me given the amount of rust restoration that will have to be done.
HalfMoon
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Nov 26 2012, 06:25 PM) *

Thanks in advance,
David

I'll PM you my number. I looked at this car a couple weeks ago when the PO was trying to sell it.

Thanks for the help Doug!
HalfMoon
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Nov 26 2012, 06:25 PM) *

Thanks in advance,
David

As an aside, as you mentioned there was a PO (private owner) a few weeks ago, it should be noted the current owner is a dealer. I'm assuming what the PO sold it for was around what we would expect in terms of pricing and the 2200 is a dealer mark up (which is fine btw) and not doubt it'll sell to someone who walks onto the lot and falls in love with it :-)
driving-girl.gif
cass92lx50
this car is not on a lot,it is at my house everyday where i drive it everyday,yes i own a dealership and thought i would offer it for sale,i have nothing to hide,it has recently had over $1500 spent on it so i will keep it if no one wants it,i am not broke.thanks for interest.If you can't afford 2k for a reliable driver/very interesting car then i feel for you,a good tv costs that these days.
rjames
QUOTE(cass92lx50 @ Nov 27 2012, 10:20 AM) *

this car is not on a lot,it is at my house everyday where i drive it everyday,yes i own a dealership and thought i would offer it for sale,i have nothing to hide,it has recently had over $1500 spent on it so i will keep it if no one wants it,i am not broke.thanks for interest.If you can't afford 2k for a reliable driver/very interesting car then i feel for you,a good tv costs that these days.

Where do you shop for TVs? blink.gif

I mean no ill will. Good luck with the sale. smile.gif
HalfMoon
QUOTE(cass92lx50 @ Nov 27 2012, 01:20 PM) *

No offense was meant. Plain and simple, the cars not worth $2200 regardless of how much was recently spent on the the car or whether your a dealer or a PO.
914 World is a network of shared information and a member who has had eyes on the car gave private feedback. If assesment from 914 enthusiasts is offensive maybe advertising it on ebay or Auto Trader or Craigs List would be better.
No one was rude or abrasive, nor accusing you of hiding anything so taking a pot shot about the ability to "afford" what your asking was uncalled for.
Nine_14
.....100% with you halfmoon
OU8AVW
QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Nov 27 2012, 01:10 PM) *

QUOTE(cass92lx50 @ Nov 27 2012, 01:20 PM) *

No offense was meant. Plain and simple, the cars not worth $2200 regardless of how much was recently spent on the the car or whether your a dealer or a PO.
914 World is a network of shared information and a member who has had eyes on the car gave private feedback. If assesment from 914 enthusiasts is offensive maybe advertising it on ebay or Auto Trader or Craigs List would be better.
No one was rude or abrasive, nor accusing you of hiding anything so taking a pot shot about the ability to "afford" what your asking was uncalled for.

I'm sorry Half Moon, who are you? Zero posts? have you seen this car in person? Show up with not a post on your tag cutting down a bro's car seems like bad juju to me.
A 914 that runs up and down the road has to be worth at least 2k on the East coast. Parts alone will be worth his asking and then some. If Gint, who has 15,000 post and is a known expert on the board thinks it's a fair deal enough to post so, then there's a good chance it might be worth a look. Sounds like you were given private feedback, why don't you keep it that way....
Nine_14
Pics of the typical rust areas must be shown. Everybody who wants to sell a 914 here in the forum, must know, that (most) of the visitors here, have more than only basic knowledge of the 914, his problems and the rust.
Nice pics of the exterior and some tire paint is not enough.
A seller who don't have to hide something, will do that without any request.

I would never buy a 914 in the States without a personal inspection by a well known mechanic, or an exporter with exellent 914 knowledge.
Patched welding...? For me a NO GO.

But my TV cost less biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.