Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have one of these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kmwvmarip
Came with my Dad's '71.
I haven't seen many with people's pics...

Did this come w/ vehicle? Anyone know?

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
ConeDodger
No, and no...
ConeDodger
Coolest thing EVER to come in a 914 (that didn't come with the car) was a German coin McMark found while doing rust repair on a GT that came from Germany...
SirAndy
If your car was a Euro import, chances are it did come with the car.

They are, and have been for a long time, mandatory in Germany and usually are either included with the car when you buy it or at least were an option you could order for your car.

However, i don't think any US cars would have had these from the factory.
popcorn[1].gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 24 2012, 11:32 AM) *

If your car was a Euro import, chances are it did come with the car.

They are, and have been for a long time, mandatory in Germany and usually are either included with the car when you buy it or at least were an option you could order for your car.

However, i don't think any US cars would have had these from the factory.
popcorn[1].gif

Good point. Pardon my hegemonic assumption. Pictures of the car? VIN?
billh1963
I have one just like it in a yellow case. Wasn't sure where it came from.
scotty b
I have several that look almost identical, but don't fold up. They all came out of Mercedes.
kmwvmarip
Reason why I asked: I was goofing off and found a webpost somewhere about 916s and from a picture in a trunk of one of the cars was this familiar red box which was done up with snazzy leather straps, which I recognized. I thought it was cool because I had one in a pile of stuff that came out of the trunk of my car. Not as snazzily done, of course. I thought it was neat.

Enjoy your leftovers, people.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.