Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: megaphones at Sears
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
I got away with the stingers at Candlestick.
I didn't even get a dirty look. ( except from Demick ) wink.gif

The db level at Sears are monitored on the track. Will they boot me at a/x?

Should I run the gauntlet or be quiet?

KT
nebreitling
@ canlestick: did they help you? lose any torque?
Trekkor
Don't really know. It was fun though.

Looky here at the results. I'm sure it's because of the pipes. wink.gif

GGR results

KT cool_shades.gif
nebreitling
daaaaaamn trekkor! way to go!

(p.s. i'm dubious of those pipes)
Joe Bob
Bring both...be prepared to wrench on a hot set of pipes....

Be advised those that have loud pipes in a restrictive environment run the risk of being black flagged....

PS bring your own meter....
Trekkor
I know what can do idea.gif

I live 20 minutes from the track. I'll go out there and rev it for them and let them make the call... before the event.

KT
Trekkor
Went out there this morning.

They said 103db is the limit on metered days.
They warned me that if I am too loud, they may send me home. No warnings! unsure.gif

The meter is at the drag strip launch pad about 500 yards away behind the grandstands.

I'll play nice...and queit, thank you very much.

Bursch is already back on.

KT
Bruce Allert
slap.gif stupid me slap.gif

I thought Sears (the store) was selling them alfred.gif

Damn drunk.gif

.....b
TheCabinetmaker
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Me too, Bruce. Let's have another FT. beer3.gif
Bruce Allert
laugh.gif Man, am I glad I'm not alone. thanks for savin me Curt beer.gif

Played 9 holes today and had 2 Fat Tires. Now I'm contemplating starting the Bar-B & doin sum ribs. Gotta finish the gin n tonic furst... maybe.... or drink n cook?

....b
drew365
103db is pretty loud. I got black flagged at Laguna which is 92 db but had no trouble at Thunder Hill which is 103 db. In fact only one car couldn't get under the 103 and that was a GT3 Cup Car. On the other hand I find my car has more power with a little back pressure so I suspect your megaphones are not giving you any advantage.
DNHunt
Damn

Bruce and Curt, he got me too. And, I got no excuse. sat. morning and I'm drinkin coffee.

Openned the thread cause I was thinkin someone at Sears flipped.

Guess I better head out in the garage and get somethin done. I gotta get the new engine in the car someday.

Dave
Sparky
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Nov 12 2004, 06:11 PM)
Played 9 holes today and had 2 Fat Tires. Now I'm contemplating starting the Bar-B & doin sum ribs. Gotta finish the gin n tonic furst... maybe.... or drink n cook?

....b

Too much white fluffy stuff to play today. I do have a ball thats painted flourescent purple so we can see it in the ball rack from form the couch. But I think I'd even loose that.. I hate having to take 2 because of a lost ball IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FAIRWAY!!

My father lives across the street from a great little 9 hole public course. Hey Chris you should try coming up 84 a little ways. We have got to have 3 inches so far and they are calling for 3 - 6 for today. headbang.gif

Oh well I guess I need to finish installing the other tub and surround today... No more excuses about work that has to be done outside.

My best,
Mike D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.