Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody know where this big red wire is meant to go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rbcm2005
Not sure why but it was disconnected and wrapped up good behind the fuse box. Spent all weekend sorting out and fixing the fresh air blower. Next up is figuring out where this big red dude is supposed to be.

IPB Image

Tom
To hot side of fuse 10 in the lower right of fuse block in picture. That wire's other end goes to the headlight switch (E1 on the print). You can see that fuse 10,11,and 12 are tied together. Power from the battery goes on fuse 11 spot and fuse 12 spot goes to the fresh air blower relay, J13. If the headlights were working before, be careful. Someone may have done some rewiring for a reason.
Maybe they put in some high power headlights and relays and that power is no longer needed.
Tom

EDIT: My info is not correct, I was looking at the current flow diagram for 74 and later cars, please disreguard. I do believe that the wire going to position 11 is the battery hot ( you can see it is the larger of the red wires) and 12 is for the fresh air blower relay. The disconnected wire, I don't know. Check to see if it is hot. Could be a wire someone ran to power up a stero or amp. Tape it up and heat shrink to make it safe until you know where it goes.
Dave_Darling
Almost certainly a "hot" wire direct from the battery. It might have gone to the fuse panel, or it might have gone to the power distribution point that is up somewhere under the dash on the early cars. I haven't mucked with that myself, but it shows on the wiring diagrams.

See the left side of the page, between the fuse block and the relay board, here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/parts/elec...lectric_71A.jpg

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.