Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Real GT Seats??? How do you ID???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott
Finally my first topic post.

I have found a guy that says he has an orginal pair of Porsche GT seats (both driver and passenger). I expect pics later today and will post them when they arrive.

So how do you tell if they are what he says?

There are no part numbers or markings on a regular 914 seat so did the GT seats have some?

What was the construction method? All Fiberglass? Or like the ones AA used to sell where the extended side bolsters actually had metal tubing in them?

What price should I be looking for. They need recovering and price has not been discusssed (It was getting late).
Scott S
I think they were made by either Scheel or Konig - I know that the current Konig with the head rests removed look identical.
Very cool find. I would expect them to be pricey - $300 - 600 each. You might want to give the guys at Gunnar Racing a call, they seem to be very good at authenticating old Porsche parts. They are currently remanufacturing the lolipop RSR seats. All they are is reinforced fiberglass shells.

www.gunnarracing.com

Again - very cool find!
Brad Roberts
I have a Scheel 914GT seat in my truck right now. Never sat in.

I would like to see pics of his GT seats... most people have no clue what actually came in the GT's. Most of them had a fiberglass bucket like the other guy mentions.

B
Scott
Just talked to Kevin Jeannette (owner) at Gunnar Racing.

The pics (for those interested) of the remanufacturing build on the lolipop RSR seats are under the projects section and under the later updates of the "RATT Street-Racer RSR" from 4/22/0 to 5/01/03. At this time he doesn't have a price. The seats (shells) he does have are not covered yet and all the foam has to be hand shaped. He will have a price in a couple of weeks. I am sure they won't be cheap but I'll keep you posted.

Still haven't received the pics yet but this guy is 3 hrs diff in time and probably isn't home yet to send them. I should have something by 3-4 pm Pacific Time.
Scott
Well...no pics of the GT seats. I have pinged him and who knows maybe he was just blowing smoke or has changed his mind about parting with them. I will find out and keep this updated until resolved.
Brad Roberts
Just my personal opinion... but I think your barking up the wrong tree. You wont be able to drive the car more than 30 minutes without serious back pain. The seats suck. If you stick any decent amount of padding in them.. the side bolsters become worthless. You really need to find a seat that fits you well and is comfortabke for you... If its GT look your going for.. then twin electric fans in the engine compartment are NOT it.

B
Scott
I like the GT look but am all for comfort too. So its just going to be a blend of what looks nice and what my back will take. Still just trying to find the best seat available.

As for the electric fans...I would think that they would keep the engine at a constant temp. Wheather at idle or at 70 mph. A it has been proven that a constant engine temp is much better than a fluctuating one for engine longevity.

Just looking into the possibilities and trying to weigh all the input on both items.

Any Idea on when you'll be down to look at the flares? Any of my stuff sell (e-mail me on this one, off line of the BBS)

spencer.scott@worldnet.att.net
Scott S
My seats JUST arrived from Renegade.
I hade them done with full vinyl bolsters....

SPECTACULAR!

I will get pics on Sun/Mon.
Scott S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.