Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silver Porsche Hood Crests
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
dlestep
As the story goes, back in the 90s, a friend of mine had a 944Turbo S and a few of his buddies all had SILVER crests on their 944s. He was prepping his 944 for the track and was using decals on the hood instead of the metal crest, and he gave it to me. It has been in my "cool stuff" drawer ever since.
I wasn't a 944 guy, so my knowledge was/is limited about the 944. It had a 911 part number prefix on the back, so it never dawned on me to question its' existance. I HAD ONE IN MY HAND.
Anyways, I ASS U ME D that it was "real" without question.
I STILL LIKE IT BETTER THAN THE GOLD ONE, so there !

Scottyb, thank you for setting the issue of the silver emblem straight.
Now I can sleep at night.

scotty b
confused24.gif Did this really deserve it's own thread ? confused24.gif

I infer from your post that you took my statement that there was no factory silver crest as a personal assault, which it wasn't. I was simply setting the myth straight. The silver crests are indeed factory GOLD crests that some aftermarket people have been replating silver. They did not come from the factory as silver. If I am wrong I would like to know so I don't spread untruths like so many others on the internet. No need to get moody about it. huh.gif

and FWIW I never said nor inferrd that they didn't look good. I have always planned to put one on my car once it is painted

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Silver-Hoo...d87&vxp=mtr

Porsche silver hood crest. These are factory hood crests that have been refinished. These hood crests are the best quality we have seen!
carr914
confused24.gif

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 27 2012, 08:39 AM) *

confused24.gif

Why?
dlestep
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 27 2012, 05:06 AM) *

confused24.gif Did this really deserve it's own thread ? confused24.gif

I infer from your post that you took my statement that there was no factory silver crest as a personal assault, which it wasn't. I was simply setting the myth straight. The silver crests are indeed factory GOLD crests that some aftermarket people have been replating silver. They did not come from the factory as silver. If I am wrong I would like to know so I don't spread untruths like so many others on the internet. No need to get moody about it. huh.gif

and FWIW I never said nor inferrd that they didn't look good. I have always planned to put one on my car once it is painted

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Silver-Hoo...d87&vxp=mtr

Porsche silver hood crest. These are factory hood crests that have been refinished. These hood crests are the best quality we have seen!

Didn't take it personally, Scott...was trying to explain how I have one (and my obvious lack of knowledge about the silver crests) and that it really doesn't matter to me.
I posted this thread separately so you that you would see it quickly.
I went out on-line and found alot of reworked crests touted as "OEM," and that POA had shut down the sale of them.
We're buds from a different branch on the same tree.
Best regards, Dave type.gif
Pat, sorry for posting this within your Originality forum !! I thought I was in the sandbox.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.