Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-SHO Motor startup gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
3d914
Let's Get the SHO Started

Come on out to Benson, AZ to enjoy sodas, dogs, and burgers while we bench test the 3.2L SHO that is destined for this Porsche 914.

When: Saturday December 8th, 10:00am - 2:00pm
Where: Benson , AZ (30min East of Tucson)
RSVP: PM me for address, map & cell number

IPB Image
Gint
Sounds like fun. icon_bump.gif
rnellums
I hope you choose to stick with the side exit exhaust biggrin.gif
AZ914
Hey Gerard,
Not sure what my schedule is yet but I will pencil it in and send you a PM when it gets a little closer.
3d914
Jason, sounds good. Look forward to seeing you again.
3d914
popcorn[1].gif
play2win
Where are you on your project? Do you have a contact #?
r_towle
Damn, all that shit is gonna fit in that car?
Cracker
Damn! Is that engine/intake 4 feet tall? Good luck with it all...I thought this was in Washington. I must be confused.

T

Mueller
Cannot make it wink.gif

Post videos!
3d914
Guys, hard to believe this startup event was back in 2012. Damn time flies. Anyhoo, the results were interesting. Did get it running so I'll post the links to some videos.

Here's the pre-test for oil pressure.

SHO Rebuild-base idle set.

SHO Rebuild base idle two.

Also, here's some pics to answer the fit questions. Here's what it looks like installed - from the top.
IPB Image

And from underneath. The oil pan is right in line with the underside of the floor.
IPB Image

These are the mods for the engine & trunk lids. And a new panel will go on to close everything off - nice and neat.
IPB Image

IPB Image

Plenty of details in my thread - see link in signature.

Thanks for watching.

play2win
I am not sure how to send a private IM, you will be #2 on the block, got the sho in my 914 quite a while ago and just found you here, 70+ out of second for a 3.0 sho with the mtx trans, send your #, I am curious how you completed the shifter
play2win
I am not sure how to send a private IM, you will be #2 on the block, this SHO 914 with the mtx trans rocks , send your #
r_towle
Fit no problem, just some,minor cutting....
3d914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 22 2016, 02:39 PM) *

Fit no problem, just some,minor cutting....

Ahh, too true! But hopefully well worth it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.