Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decisions decisions? Engine in my 75 needs rebuilt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
So the 75 I bought has a motor that needs rebuilt. Trying to decide If I should screw with it. I will be pulling my current v8 setup out of my 70. It is getting replaced with an LS1 this winter. I had the turn key v8 setup up for sale. Be easier to sell it in a car. I have everything to do it. Just not sure I want too.

I was going to do a poll but blew it. What would you do? I am digging the all black 914
messix
slap.gif dumb question!!!
matthepcat
Rebuild it. Will be easier to sell as a stock car than a conversion car.
DBCooper
Have to agree. The reason to do a conversion is the extra fun it is to drive the car, not the resale.
hot_shoe914
V8
mepstein
Rebuild it if you plan to keep the car. Find a running 4 and install if you plan to sell. Give the buyer the original case if they want it.
billh1963
Rebuild
6freak
wrong year for a V8...rebuild and sell...jmo
smile.gif
Since I live in Cali land of the restricted, rebuild. Any else, V8 and or big -6
steuspeed
Rebuild the 4. The black helps hide the big bumpers.
Jerry
turbo subie !!!
moparrob
QUOTE(396 @ Nov 27 2012, 06:50 AM) *

Since I live in Cali land of the restricted, rebuild. Any else, V8 and or big -6

75 is smog exempt in CA
SirAndy
Ah crap, not another Wasserpumper .... dry.gif
ConeDodger
A well done V8 conversion is a joy to behold. (Computers for kids). A convenience conversion sounds like a recipe for Yuckfoo... Do not cook that shizit up!
JRust
Yeah we will see. There is no rush to do anything with it. Just thinking my current v8 setup needs to go somewhere. So it is an option. I'll have to see on a rebuild. Or I may just sell it & let someone else do it idea.gif
Gint
If I had your problem, I'd put that leftover v8 in it.
computers4kids
I would give the LS1 to a friend smile.gif, keep the v8 in the 70 and enjoy it as is, and then rebuild the black one (please don't cut it up).
My two cents
messix
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 27 2012, 06:44 PM) *

I would give the LS1 to a friend smile.gif, keep the v8 in the 70 and enjoy it as is, and then rebuild the black one (please don't cut it up).
My two cents

agree.gif

give the LS to a friend...... idea.gif

hey friend, we are friends right!!!???? beerchug.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Ferg @ Nov 27 2012, 03:20 PM) *

This car does have some hell hole rust. Bottom of the long has a hole at the back. I think I am leaning towards selling it as is. I need to spend my time on my LS1. Someday I am bound to get smarter & stop bringing all these projects home dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.