Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Met a cool 914 guy.. Sammy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lawrence
Well, in my search for a pair of doors, I met this guy Sammy. He's in the oil business, and just a really interesting guy to talk to.

He lives an hour outside of Tulsa, and loves 914s. He currently has one he's working on, and several parts cars.

We had breakfast this morning at the Cracker Barrel. He drove up from his place (about 5-6 hour drive) to have breakfast and sell me a door. "Oh, I'll just be out driving around anyways." smile.gif

Well, I bought the door from him, and told him about the 914 Club, and this years Mid US Ramble.

Hopefully, he'll join us soon.

-Rusty
Jenny
Hey, I know of a cool Sammy that works in the oil industry and lives about 5-6hrs away. What a coincidence! He's joined the wine and cheese club though. <_<

Jen
Lawrence
I think it's a different Sammy. smile.gif
David_S
biggrin.gif I met him too!! Drove probably 7 or 8 hours (because he was going to be in this area anyway) just to bring me fiberglass bumpers and a rear decklid! I don't know how long it took to figure out how to get all three of the pieces, himself, and a friend into the Audi, but he did it !!!!!! clap56.gif
Lawrence
Yep... same Audi 5000S.

He loves roadtrips.

Hopefully he'll join us here.
nealnorlack
QUOTE(Lawrence @ May 15 2003, 08:38 AM)
Well, in my search for a pair of doors, I met this guy Sammy. He's in the oil business, and just a really interesting guy to talk to.

He lives an hour outside of Tulsa, and loves 914s. He currently has one he's working on, and several parts cars.

We had breakfast this morning at the Cracker Barrel. He drove up from his place (about 5-6 hour drive) to have breakfast and sell me a door. "Oh, I'll just be out driving around anyways." smile.gif

Well, I bought the door from him, and told him about the 914 Club, and this years Mid US Ramble.

Hopefully, he'll join us soon.

-Rusty

You mean he's in de "ole bidness". tongue.gif
Aaron Cox
sounds like a nice guy! sign 'im up on the list biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.