Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Admin board/search request
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mercdev
Is it possible to exclude the 'Recycle Bin' from search results? I don't want to see it if I can't read it. headbang.gif

Thanks!
SirAndy
QUOTE(mercdev @ Nov 5 2004, 12:47 AM)
Is it possible to exclude the 'Recycle Bin' from search results? I don't want to see it if I can't read it. headbang.gif

tough one. the recycle bin is just another forum, but it's in a locked down area. some people here have access, others don't.

i'll have to figure out how to adjust the search code to only show you results you have access to.

i added it to the list of things to do during the long dark winter month ...
type.gif Andy
hargray2
I like seeing the recycle bin. Sometimes a thread I've been posting in will suddenly
disappear. sad.gif I like to know where it went.
SirAndy
QUOTE(hargray2 @ Nov 6 2004, 11:54 PM)
Sometimes a thread I've been posting in will suddenly
disappear. sad.gif

bs.gif the only way it could "disappear" is if you deleted it yourself.

we (the admins) have not deleted any threads...

but, if you posted in a thread that was started by someone else and that person later deleted their own thread, your reply will obviously be gone as well.

i don't like being accused of censorship ...
<_< Andy
Brad Roberts
Yep. ONLY the person who started a thread can DELETE a thread. Mueller has deleted 8-10 threads he started because he *thought* they where stupid...LOL

We (the admins) move threads when something a lawyer might like to see ends up in a thread.

We do however delete/ban people (kinda slow lately)

B
Rusty
I delete threads... but only in the classifieds, after something has been posted as sold.

-Rusty smoke.gif
hargray2
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 7 2004, 11:39 AM)
i don't like being accused of censorship ...
dry.gif Andy

No man---I'm sorry. I wasn't accusing anyone of censorship and I didn't mention the admins. Threads do get deleted though, by who? I don't know (don't care).
I just like to be able to do a search for it so I can see where it went.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.