Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone up for a drive with some 911s this weekend?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
96conv
Some of us SF Bay Area 911 Pelican Parts fellas are organizing a drive this weekend. I'm extending the invite to you folks as well. We've done Mines Rd many times so we're looking for a new route. If you have any ideas, please let me know. I'll post the details of our plan as they develop. Would love to see some 914s along so I hope some of you can join us.
ppickerell
I am in. How about HWY1 from 1/2 moon bay to Santa Cruz? Or Mt Diablo? Or Mt Umnumh (my dad used to run the radar station on top of this mtn in the 70's).
96conv
Glad you could join us Patrick. It looks like hwy 25 is the route. Here's the link to the discussion on Pelican.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=190654
Series9
Here's your chance to get a drive in a 914! smilie_pokal.gif
96conv
Yeah, I was hoping to do just that but this run is falling apart for lack of interest.
anthony
I'd be interested if you guys were driving north. Having to drive 1.5 hours to south san jose just to start a run gets tiring (for me).

The run up Highway 1 (starting at Baker Beach in SF) that Roadglue did was awesome.

Another run I've been thinking of planning for next year is out Suisun Valley Road (Fairfield) to Napa and then out near Lake Berryessa then over to Napa Valley.
96conv
Anthony, where do you live? I've done the hwy 128 route all the way from Winters to the Silverado Trail. Fun drive just a lot of cops especially near Berryessa.
anthony
I'm in El Sobrante (near Richmond and Pinole).

I've done Suisun Valley Road to Napa which is a pretty awesome 10 miles or so but I've never gone left towards Berryessa.

I also found another road that is pretty fun off of 12 (Rio Vista) through the windmill farm. The other nice thing is that there isn't any cops.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.