Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can anybody identify these SS heat x-changers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worktheweb
They're mine and I have them on Ebay but I don't know what they'll fit on. They look (to me anyway) just like the ones currently on my 73 2.0. Granted I didn't take the ones off my car and line them up next to each other but I did jack the car up and peek underneath. Thanks in advance! biggrin.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MESE:IT

BTW, no reserve on the exchangers...
qa1142
They are for 1.7 or 1.8L. the 2.0L would be straight not curve up like these.

did I mention I won the FFC tech quiz? laugh.gif

smilie_pokal.gif
mudfoot76
QUOTE(qa1142 @ Nov 5 2004, 08:56 AM)
They are for 1.7 or 1.8L. the 2.0L would be straight not curve up like these.

I had my hopes up for a second there...I've been looking for a set of 2.0L SS HE's. The day before FFC, I learned that my car was trying to kill me.

Thanks to my local fire department for letting me borrow a CO detector pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
worktheweb
Thanks for the info. You're talking about the end that branches up to the engine, right? I swear these look just like the ones on my car. Oh well. Plenty of 1.7/1.8 owners seeking SS HEs, right?
seanery
they are the same where they mount to the engine, it's where they mount to the muffler that is different.
skline
I thought the pipe size was smaller on the 1.7/1.8 HE's?
seanery
not for SSIs. Same size tubing, just different bends.
skline
Well, if there is no size difference, you could just change your muffler too and you would be set. That is what I would do if I needed them.
SLITS
it's to political to discuss that here - delete the thread!
qa1142
SLITS you sound like a jilted lover chairfall.gif

These will fit any 914-4 - yes even a 2.0L

Need 1.7/1.8L muffler and bracket.
SLITS
Geeeezzz, just having fun.................and you are correct about the HEs. The only consideration is that the flange pipe "diameter" is larger than the exhaust port outlet so you don't have a step in the wrong direction to impede flow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.