Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: A little project I have been working on.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I am sure that I am a like a lot of you. I surf the web, checking out cars.

I hit the standard sites; Bring A Trailer, Barnfinds, eBay, Craigslist and others.

Occasionally, I stumble across a video. Most of the time, they suck. The guy takes the camera, sticks it on the ground by the exhaust, revs the engine, and then picks up the camera. Sometimes, it's a crappy cell phone video, which is even worse.

Sorry if you're that guy with the crappy cell phone, but I got tired of it. (for the record, I am not talking about crappy pictures like Andy takes av-943.gif )

Anyways, I started collecting the links that I like to the HD videos. I figured I'd string some together and make a blog.

I have no idea if this is a good idea, or if it will go anywhere, but I like collecting links to these videos and sharing them.

So please take a look at http://backroaddriver.com/

There's a link there for submissions. I could use some help.

Also, if you have some advice for layout or other content, please let me know. PM me here or email me at the submissions page.

In general, I like HD videos. Preferably with some artistic merit, and yes, they need to have cars!

Thanks a lot and I really hope you like it.
porschecb
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Nov 28 2012, 07:35 PM) *

I am sure that I am a like a lot of you. I surf the web, checking out cars.

I hit the standard sites; Bring A Trailer, Barnfinds, eBay, Craigslist and others.

Occasionally, I stumble across a video. Most of the time, they suck. The guy takes the camera, sticks it on the ground by the exhaust, revs the engine, and then picks up the camera. Sometimes, it's a crappy cell phone video, which is even worse.

Sorry if you're that guy with the crappy cell phone, but I got tired of it. (for the record, I am not talking about crappy pictures like Andy takes av-943.gif )

Anyways, I started collecting the links that I like to the HD videos. I figured I'd string some together and make a blog.

I have no idea if this is a good idea, or if it will go anywhere, but I like collecting links to these videos and sharing them.

So please take a look at http://backroaddriver.com/

There's a link there for submissions. I could use some help.

Also, if you have some advice for layout or other content, please let me know. PM me here or email me at the submissions page.

In general, I like HD videos. Preferably with some artistic merit, and yes, they need to have cars!

Thanks a lot and I really hope you like it.

Thank You! Nice Video! I had 1966 911 oh how i miss that car!
KaptKaos
Thanks to all that have looked at the site.

I am also looking for suggestions on how to make it better.

If you have some, please let me know.

Thanks!
KaptKaos
updated and will be adding more tonight and tomorrow.

Please take a look
Gint
Cool site. I like it.
KaptKaos
Made some updates. Please take look!

Thanks.
r_towle
My personal opinion.
I have never liked Blog formats that make you scroll down to see things. And the fact that its backwards in time...always seemed odd to me and not normal, but again, just my opinion.

Given that, I dont read blogs.

I much prefer a list format if that is an option...something with a brief decription, click here to see the content.

I guess I am the type of person that has a brief pause in work and I would like a distraction, but having the search for it through pages of a blog takes away my time...which I dont have much of...

Rich
KaptKaos
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 11 2012, 04:17 PM) *

My personal opinion.
I have never liked Blog formats that make you scroll down to see things. And the fact that its backwards in time...always seemed odd to me and not normal, but again, just my opinion.

Given that, I dont read blogs.

I much prefer a list format if that is an option...something with a brief decription, click here to see the content.

I guess I am the type of person that has a brief pause in work and I would like a distraction, but having the search for it through pages of a blog takes away my time...which I dont have much of...

Rich

Fair enough. I think you may be in the minority on this, as most blogs tend to follow a similar format.

That's not good or bad, mind you, but just the way things seem to be right now.

I don't think there is a basic list format type of option, but I will look.

Thanks for your input.
KaptKaos
Updated.

Please check it out.
914itis
I want the Omega XL , it's kool!
Bob L.
confused24.gif

I didn't see any 914 videos.

KaptKaos
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Dec 26 2012, 01:37 PM) *

confused24.gif

I didn't see any 914 videos.

Ya' know....

I have been meaning to look for some, but didn't want to seem.... you know... biased. blink.gif

I will see what I have in the vault tonight. biggrin.gif
mittelmotor
Hi Joe,

Nice site. Your commentary on each video is helpful. Keep it up! smilie_pokal.gif

--Doug
KaptKaos
New updates. Pls check it out. Feedback is welcomed.

TIA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.