Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need high def picture of 1.7 with the air cleaner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
freezing14
i am finalising the attachment of all the component to the engine , but since i did not took it apart A picture would be really helpfull,, I need to know where all the hose go , i got the diagram so i know where they go but some of the item like the fuel pressure reg must mount somewhere as well as the deceleration valve, i am sure they do not just sit on top

on a other note my fuel pump is running 5 seconds and then stop ,, it was a computer problem,, tested the injectors WTF I taught I had 4 that worked only 3 , i got a couple of spare (2)but the only one I got that work are the 2.0 version,,, no good I need 1.7, anyone wanna trade spares
Rhodes71/914
If nobody posts one before I get home for lunch I will take a pic of my 1.7 its stock with D-jet.

Your fuel pump should run for 5 sec when the key is first turned on then stop until you star cranking, then it will stay on.

My fuel press. reg is mounted to a braket the is welded to the engine tin above cyl #1
machina
I didn't create these, just saved them, maybe they will help....
SLITS
The diagram of the hose layout on Page 40 of the Haynes 914 manual is very complete.

IPB Image

Also you can use this link to the Pelican Parts Site for another:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...4_17FI_diag.htm
Rhodes71/914
Hey i like the engine wiring harness one, haven't seen that before, any like that for the 1.7 or later 2.0?
freezing14
back to the garage,, and may be i will have a running engine before the week-end is over,, woo hooo!!!! mueba.gif
SLITS
Your ABF valve went in the mail today - breather port on each head connects to it and then a hose to the aircleaner.
freezing14
hey slits, i owe you 1, if you are ever around ottawa or new some other parts, i do have a couple of spare like tins, injector for 2.0 and a load of FI parts

thanks again

Yves
SLITS
Did you find an extra 1.7 injector that worked? I should have put a couple in the package but forgot (they are very common).
freezing14
hey slits, I got a guy around here who will trade me my 2.0 injector for a set of 1.7,, it is mike's 914 in coulborne he is a buddy of mark henry the jake raby distributor in canada,, that is one issue resolve, the other one is that it seems the starter is not strong enought to have the engine crank fast enought to start,, new battery and everything,, but I think i have a valve spring problem or a high lift cam,,,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.