Full Version: The Wedding Porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rgolia
One down, 4 more daughters to go!
Click to view attachment
Ferg
smilie_pokal.gif
JawjaPorsche
My teener did not look that good when my daughter got married. The cost of raising twins and sending them to college took took its toil on keeping my teener maintained. Fortunately, I have some money now to work on my teener. Five daughters! My God! My only daughter just about bankrupt us when she got married!
rgolia
I went with the gift plan....told her she could do what she wanted with the money, but that was all there was if she was going to use it for a wedding. I avoided the cost creep fairly well that way and set precedent for the remainder of the clan. beerchug.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(rgolia @ Nov 30 2012, 02:47 PM) *

I went with the gift plan....told her she could do what she wanted with the money, but that was all there was if she was going to use it for a wedding. I avoided the cost creep fairly well that way and set precedent for the remainder of the clan. beerchug.gif

Good plan! .... wish I'd done that, but my wife - read Mom+Daughter - overruled me! dry.gif
... glad it was only ONE daughter! biggrin.gif

Not sure if you also drove her to the venue in your 914 (in addition to the pic above), but I almost bought another Marathon Blue 73 914-2.0 in Fall 2011 - instead of continuing the rest of my old gal 73 914-2.0 that I've owned since 12/75 (2nd owner), so I could drive her from the hotel to the venue (on the same property), but it never worked out finding a nice one then. sad.gif

Conratz! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ConeDodger
Mine has agreed not to date until she's 30... I've agreed to believe her blink.gif
rudedude
I can't imagine the number of nice cars my only daughters wedding next fall is going to cost me. The bills are already rolling in and its 10 mos away
Ugh!
Tom
RG,
What a beautiful picture. You and your wife are a lucky couple!
Are they all going to get 914's?
Tom
rgolia
QUOTE(Tom @ Nov 30 2012, 08:40 PM) *

RG,
What a beautiful picture. You and your wife are a lucky couple!
Are they all going to get 914's?
Tom

Nope, only one 914 in the family, although I would love to buy another. Need to build a detached garage first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.