Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original /6 going BACK to Germany !!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Just recieved an e-mail from a guy that bought the six from the guy that bought it from me...

Looks like it is going back to Germany with plans on winding it out at the Nurburgring once in a while boldblue.gif

hmmm, I wonder how many 914s and 911s have been import into Germany from the US???
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 5 2004, 10:22 AM)
hmmm, I wonder how many 914s and 911s have been import into Germany from the US???

donno - but i know quite a few 356's have made the trip back home ...
markb
My buddy that owns the local VW wrecking yard sends tons of stuff back to the fatherland. The buyers come over, check it all out, tell him what they want, and he ships it over. Seems things tend to rust over there. wink.gif Hmmm, never woulda guessed. rolleyes.gif
azbill
They are buying used cars in the US because of thier tax structure. It seams there are no or very low taxes on older used cars. I guess the good U S of A is good for smething afterall.
AxBill
Elliot_Cannon
Every time I go to Germany I look for older Porsches. There just don't seem to be many old cars period. I think new car loans are fairly low interest loans. I don't know that for sure. It's something I was told once. Anyway the only older Porsche I have seen there was a 73 911 about 15 years ago and a few months ago I saw an older 944. I think you could sell your 914 for a lot more over there.
Cheers, Elliot
sechszylinder
hi folks,

there are three reasons for buying cars in the u.s.

1. 75% of the whole porsche production went overseas
2. rust, rust, rust which decimated the number of useful cars here in europe
3. the strong euro against a weak dollar, especially after the latest elections ...

there is no tax thing or something similar ...

benno smilie_flagge6.gif
hannuz
agree.gif

Cheers,
Marc
Porsche Rescue
Just sold a '70 911 on Ebay to a fellow from Austria. His winning bid was $11,800. I had been trying to sell locally at $10,500 and the Ebay reserve was $9900. He is able to have it trucked from Portland, OR to LA, put in a container and shipped to Bremerhaven, Germany for $1500. It costs that much for coast to coast enclosed truck shipping in the US.
Apparently the euro/dollar exchange makes it a good buy for him.
I thought it was risky to buy sight unseen in the states. How about Austria to Portland, OR? Fortunately it is a pretty good car. I had lots of questions from US bidders and sent many pics to others. He asked no questions and only saw the pics on Ebay. I had little faith that the deal would be completed, but the money has been wired to my account. Our cars are in demand in Europe.
Brad Roberts
Yep. He emailed me asking for more info on the car.

I'm way ahead of you guys biggrin.gif Why do you think I surround myself with TWO Germans ?? I'll start running ads on Ebay Germany soon clap56.gif ...in their native language.

B
Rusty
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 02:37 PM)
Why do you think I surround myself with TWO Germans ??

Because they help you pick up chicks? huh.gif
ppickerell
WTF? My 17 year old daughter was in Chico Friday night!
Brad Roberts
I'm sure just she blended in with all the other 17 Yo's we danced with...LOL

Friday night is when everyone local goes to the frat parties.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Nov 7 2004, 05:12 PM)
WTF? My 17 year old daughter was in Chico Friday night!

i thought she looked familiar ...

j/k, interesting little town!
biggrin.gif Andy

PS: here's a picture of brad at 3:00 am saturday morning:

IPB Image     IPB Image
Brad Roberts
I failed to tell them we didnt actually dance with any of them..LOL

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 7 2004, 06:01 PM)
I failed to tell them we didnt actually dance with any of them..LOL

nope, we were "busy" ...

drunk.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.