Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intake sealing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
The paper on my phenolic spacers is kinda munged up. Would it be ok to take that layer off, smooth them up with some sandpaper, and seal with a gasket eliminator? I have both permatex form-a-gasket and loctite 518 on the shelf. Which would be better?
r_towle
I always use some liquid gasket there for the FI systems.

Rich
Cap'n Krusty
A thin layer of "The Right Stuff" would probably suffice. My money's on replacing them, but that may not be convenient for you.

The Cap'n
flash914
Not a hi jack of the thread ... but I read some where the the angle is and they need to be beveled or they leak. If any one has this experance please chime in Thanks. Gordon
Dave_Darling
I don't know of any angle, but the surfaces they seal to should probably be flat. It's not that hard to put the end of the intake tubes on a flat surface and sand it a bit to make sure it is actually flat...

--DD
Spoke
I made my own paper gaskets using the spacers as the template. I bolted the spacers together with paper between and just cut out with a razor knife. Took about 15 minutes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.