Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stalling after a few minutes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Shindog1961
My 74 2.0 will idle about 1200 right after starting, but the idle speed will drop after a few minutes, to rpms low enough that it will stall if I don't keep on the gas. I was adjusting the throttle cable when it broke. While I am changing that out, any thoughts on other things to check? Last fuel pressure about 6 months ago, tune up at the same time. Vacuum lines replaced about 3 months ago.
914itis
QUOTE(Shindog1961 @ Dec 2 2012, 04:09 PM) *

My 74 2.0 will idle about 1200 right after starting, but the idle speed will drop after a few minutes, to rpms low enough that it will stall if I don't keep on the gas. I was adjusting the throttle cable when it broke. While I am changing that out, any thoughts on other things to check? Last fuel pressure about 6 months ago, tune up at the same time. Vacuum lines replaced about 3 months ago.

Start with fuel pressure test.
JawjaPorsche
Just checking. Does it idle at 800? If not adjust idle screw. I assume you have FI.
Jeffs9146
If it is FI then I would check the CHTS!
McMark
Kinked fuel lines under the tank?
Shindog1961
Thanks! I will check them all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.