Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drivers side inner longitudinal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimbot2000
I've searched the web and the world over. Is there no replacement inner longitudinal? In that case can I buy a passenger side and flip it over? I know that I'll need to correct the holes, and fit the hand brake, but will it fit?

sixnotfour
QUOTE(jimbot2000 @ Dec 2 2012, 01:27 PM) *

I've searched the web and the world over. Is there no replacement inner longitudinal? In that case can I buy a passenger side and flip it over? I know that I'll need to correct the holes, and fit the hand brake, but will it fit?

How much of it do you need, I could use the back half. LMK This one is offered to me in a trade..
jimbot2000
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 2 2012, 10:42 PM) *

This looks great! Just what I'm looking for.

How much of it do you need, I could use the back half. LMK This one is offered to me in a trade..

I need something like this.

Click to view attachment

The car has been previously repaired, but now very well. Most of the bottom of this long is rusted out, and not very well aligned anyway. So I've decided to replace the whole thing.

This is what I have now.

Click to view attachment

Is this possible? If so, what do you want for that section? Also are you willing to ship to Europe? I'm located in Germany, I would pay the shipping costs of course.

Can you send me a price in a PM?
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 2 2012, 03:42 PM) *

I find it hard to believe you are about to cut up a nice NOS part like this. There must be tons of used sections around
r_towle
I would suggest you consider removing all the add on material and simply put the Engman inner long kit over the original part.

It will certainly stiffen it up.

Alternatively, you really may want to contact MittleMotor in Germany.
They will most likely have what you need for parts new and used.

rich
mr914
I had to do a similar repair. I bought the RD pass side inner and trimmed what I needed

It's not perfect, but it worked for me

How bad is it around the e-brake?
nsr-jamie
Does restoration designs make that part?
SirAndy
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Dec 3 2012, 03:10 PM) *

Does restoration designs make that part?

No, they only make the pass. side ... sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Dec 3 2012, 07:18 AM) *
I find it hard to believe you are about to cut up a nice NOS part like this.

agree.gif
That should be wall art!

Or better yet, sell it to RD so they can use it as a template to add the drivers side to their catalog!
idea.gif
peteyd
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 3 2012, 03:30 PM) *

agree.gif
That should be wall art!

Or better yet, sell it to RD so they can use it as a template to add the drivers side to their catalog!
idea.gif

Dont worry Andy, we got that piece
nsr-jamie
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 4 2012, 08:30 AM) *

agree.gif
That should be wall art!

idea.gif

Yes, I agree...we need to have both sides...someday I will have to redo my car too and will need this part.....perhaps even lending the part to them so they have a model and than you can get your part back and help the 914 community. biggrin.gif
nsr-jamie
QUOTE(peteyd @ Dec 4 2012, 10:08 AM) *

agree.gif
That should be wall art!

idea.gif

Really, thats great! I checked your site but don't see it listed...so I guess it will be available shortly...someday in the future I will need this part. Cheers
cary

In that case can I buy a passenger side and flip it over?

I'm at the same spot in my Rustoration.
It doesn't just flip over. The radius on the top and bottom of the rounded end are different. headbang.gif
I suppose you could modify it. But that's where it ties into the front firewall.
I'm already repairing the firewall. So I didn't want a patched piece on both sides of the connection.
Then you would need to cut it again to create the hand brake area. I opted for finding a used one.
My .02c.

r_towle
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Dec 3 2012, 10:29 PM) *

QUOTE(peteyd @ Dec 4 2012, 10:08 AM) *

agree.gif
That should be wall art!

idea.gif

Really, thats great! I checked your site but don't see it listed...so I guess it will be available shortly...someday in the future I will need this part. Cheers

They have the piece on the shelf, that does not mean they have made tooling to actually make the piece.
Its a business, but as a consumer would RD mind clarifying the strategy regarding this key part that is starting to show up much more frequently in need of replacement?

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.