Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Audi 2002 wiper refills
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scruz914
A co-worker just bought a 2002 A6 and needs to replace the wiper blades with refills. The new design, although really clean and cool looking, is totally new to me and I can't figure out how to remove the existing rubber. We are hoping that the blade in the channel is standard but will not know until it is out. She did not get a owner's manual with the car.

Any one out there have a newer Audi with the new blades or know how they come out?

Thanks,
Jeff
mightyohm
Do new cars even use refills? My guess is no. You probably have to replace the whole blade.
scruz914
It looks like there is a separate blade in there but it is not obvious which clip/slot to push/pry. (If it was my car I would start cramming a screw driver into it and then have my wife yell at me for ruining something due to my impatience.) I can't even tell how to get the whole blade off the arm.

-Jeff
partsman
Nope, sorry...you cannot replace the rubber on a 02 a6, or a4 for that matter. You have to replace the whole blade. Trust me, I sell them all day at work for I am: PARTSMAN boldblue.gif ( parts manager for a Audi/Porsche dealership by day, and somewhat confused 914 restorer by night)
smrz914
Can you go get a manual for the car? Or ask the dealer how? I find people at dealers pretty helpful. You don't have to buy anything there either.
dlo914
adl;fkjsafl;
grantsfo
Thats a good question. With free servicing I havent had to touch my 2002 A4. They replaced my wipers last time I was in for free scheduled maitenance.
Katmanken
You pikers!

I just use the sawzall to get them off.... sawzall-smiley.gif

And the welder to put the new ones on... welder.gif

Ken biggrin.gif
scruz914
QUOTE(partsman @ Nov 5 2004, 07:25 PM)
Nope, sorry...you cannot replace the rubber on a 02 a6, or a4 for that matter. You have to replace the whole blade. Trust me, I sell them all day at work for I am: PARTSMAN boldblue.gif ( parts manager for a Audi/Porsche dealership by day, and somewhat confused 914 restorer by night)

Thanks for the info. I bet that isn't cheap. I'll give her the bad news.

QUOTE(smrz914 @ Nov 5 2004, 08:48 PM)
Can you go get a manual for the car? Or ask the dealer how? I find people at dealers pretty helpful. You don't have to buy anything there either.

She is working on a manual and will follow up with the dealer. She had already purchased some refills and we were trying to figure out how they went.

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 6 2004, 12:16 PM)
Thats a good question. With free servicing I havent had to touch my 2002 A4. They replaced my wipers last time I was in for free scheduled maitenance.

Lucky you.

QUOTE(kwales @ Posted on Nov 6 2004, 06:13 PM)
I just use the sawzall to get them off....  

And the welder to put the new ones on...  

If it were my car....

Thanks for all of the replies.

-Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.