Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help Before I Screw Up!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
It makes a job much easier when you know what you are doing! I am going replace my sail vinyl and I need to remove the trim molding.

Looking the Roll Bar Trim Molding, there a phillips head screw at the top. (I think I can figure that out!) beerchug.gif

I found a picture of the Roll Bar Trim Molding. Looking at the picture there seems to be a channel at the bottom. Do you remove the screw at the top then slide the molding out at the bottom backwards toward the rear?

Any help, needless to say, will be greatly appreciated!

beer.gif
dlee6204
There is a nut up under fender you need to loosen before you can "slide" the trim off. But otherwise you got the right idea.
Jeffs9146
agree.gif
Eric_Shea
Small 8mm nut holds a clamp which pulls down the trim. Make sure you note which way the clamp is oriented for reinstallation. If you put it back wrong you will dent the very expensive trim.
PanelBilly
Be prepared for the nut to break off because its rusted from being in the elements of the wheelwell
JawjaPorsche
That is not what I want to hear!
huh.gif

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 3 2012, 08:43 PM) *

Be prepared for the nut to break off because its rusted from being in the elements of the wheelwell

euro911
Clean any undercoating (or other foreign residue) from the stud and nut, then spray it with PB a day ahead of going to town on it idea.gif
JawjaPorsche
Sounds like a good plan! beerchug.gif

QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 4 2012, 01:37 AM) *

Clean any undercoating (or other foreign residue) from the stud and nut, then spray it with PB a day ahead of going to town on it idea.gif

JawjaPorsche
Cleaned with Simple Green and sprayed with PB. Doesn't look bad but only time will tell. Keeping fingers crossed!

[quote name='euro911' post='1778020' date='Dec 4 2012, 01:37 AM']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Eric_Shea
If it breaks you're done. No big deal. Just grab another one from Bruce or someone in the classifieds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.